99 Crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 Crown vic

Hey guys! I brought it a 99 crown vic that i've been messing with. The car has 74K miles... But the guy I bought it from said the check engine light is on. So i dug into it and there's a miss fire on the #8 cylinder. I pulled the plug and it has oil on it. I replaced it and it still has the miss but not as bad. I guess eventually it will be. But this motor runs so damn good. doesnt smoke or any signs of burning oil. This one has got me bummed. If it was a piston ring wouldnt it smoke? idk it's just got me puzzled. Any info on that would be great.

On the other hand it looks like I will be parting her out. The interior is all there. It's a bit dirty and needs to washed. the headliner is saggaing in the rear window. If ya guys have any questions about anything just let me know.

from experience, its prolly the CoilOverPlug that is pooched.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

If you do part it out, I have a parts list for you. If you want, I can Pm it to you...

Dibs on brake parts (front and rear)
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
          from experience, its prolly the CoilOverPlug that is pooched.
          Yeah but it has on the #8 cylinder plug. And the guy I got it from said he had it checked out and they said it needed a piston ring.

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
            If you do part it out, I have a parts list for you. If you want, I can Pm it to you...

Dibs on brake parts (front and rear)
            Yeah that's fine. You can pm it to me if you want.

but the rear end is going to be under my tudor. disc brake rearend. would I need to keep the front brake parts as well?

And yeah I know... I will post pics tomorrow. If ya guys would like to see anything specifically just let me know.

Comment

If you want to do the Big Brake swap, then yes you need the front parts too. I was hoping for the rear caliper backing plates, and then all of the front parts needed for the big brake swap (minus rotors and calipers, I'm buying those new)
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

you wont know that untill you do a compression test. you never know, you might get lucky. iv got a few cars dirt cheap and almost parted them cause of taking the owners word for it. like my bros mark VII and the old asuna ice beater that needed a clutch lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

okay guys here are some pictures of her... It's going to be a sad day for me when it gets scraped. what a shame. But I have no need for it with the problem it has. And its just not worth dropping another motor in. Anyways here are the pics

Comment

youre sure its not the COP? swap it with another one just to be sure. whenever im at the yard i usually grab a few of them out of whale vics. when i first got my mustang i had serious missing issues because of those little bastards.
                    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                    1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

where are you in nc?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

in Denton zip code is 27239

Comment

still sounds like a classic modular COP failure to me...

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

I replaced it and no miss. But still has oil on plug. I guess you could drive it as long as the check engine light dont come on

Comment

my 2000 mustang gt would have oil on those plugs from time to time also. i wouldnt worry about it.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X