Clear All

cable PS mirror 82 81 80 NOS FORD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-O...item23081ed49e
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Interesting find. Doesn't say whether it has the convex mirror glass .... looks in the pic like it might have the Objects Closer Than They Appear notice, but hard to tell if it isn't a protective sticker of some sort. I know my '81 came with flat mirror glass on both sides.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I purchased NOS electric mirrors from this seller and they are in A++ condition. This guy has some good stuff.

I am actually contemplating purchasing another set just to have since these are priced so cheap. He has 19 sets of the power mirrors left. lol
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/wwilliam...4.l1513&_pgn=4 7 pages of NOS goodness.

Should be getting my mirror anytime now from him.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Ooh, sunvisors .... do the later ones interchange?

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            http://motors.shop.ebay.com/wwilliam...4.l1513&_pgn=4 7 pages of NOS goodness.

Should be getting my mirror anytime now from him.
            holy shit, youve hit the mother load!
            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
            1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

bah... no mark VI heated power mirror.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I bought a curved glass passenger one a while back from this seller. The straight glass ones suck if you want to see anything. The new one claimed NOS has some scratches from shelf wear or something, but it's pretty darned good for the price if you can get more than one item and combine shipping.

If you want the original box, be sure to ask. Mine arrived (along with two Ford Ranger headlight assemblies) without original boxes.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

What is the dealio with curved glass. Are the curved glass ones imprinted with the "objects in mirror message?"
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

they give a wider view and less blind spots. and yes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mm hmm. It's like those spherical mirrors you put at awkward hallway junctions to ensure that fewer people get maimed or killed by passing forklifts. Driving with a flat p/s mirror takes a bit of getting used to. Quite a bit, actually. A little less so with '79-'80 mirrors, IIRC, since they're slightly bigger and are of course in a nicer location.

Come to think of it, a slightly convex mirror might be a benefit even on the driver's side ....

Comment

Working...
                      X