mark vi intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mark vi intakes

Were they all either CFI 302s or 2bbl 351s? No SEFI?

There's one that appeared out of nowhere in front of a junkyard I deal with...some trim is missing but it's less rusty than my car. Generally nobody around here wants 80s-90s cars so I might be able to get it for a song...which, ironically, is almost literally all I can afford right now. There are very nearly no Panthers on the roads here anymore so he's not exactly going to make any money off of parts.

Gonna go ask him about it tomorrow. Looks like a two tone Cartier (opera windows and at least at night it looks like that grey/slightly darker grey that lots of Lincolns came with)

Hell, I'd work in his junkyard for a few months for free in exchange for the car.

If it's a 302 CFI it'll get converted to SEFI H.O (unless, magically, it works perfectly). If it's a 351 it'll get a 4bbl and I'll call it done until it breaks....again, unless by some wizardry it is working properly

What else should I know about these things and their finicky CFI do-dads?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

correct, all 2bbl or CFI. The Mark VI ended production in 1983. First year for SEFI was 1986. Canadia didn't get CFI as far as I'm aware, so you'd probably be looking at a 2bbl 351 or 302. Possibly a VV though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ah I forgot about us not getting CFI, thanks. I hope it's not an '80 with those unobtainium ball joints
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

if it is, you just change the upper arms. No big deal.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

what kind of eec do you think i'd be dealing with? 2?
          sigpic

Comment

if it has anything, prob the MCU, which I think is EEC2. It might not even have that crap. If it does, it doesn't really do much besides fire the smog control solenoids. You can unplug it and the car still runs fine.

Comment

cool! i didnt get the chance to go today because the weather sucked for junkyarding.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Josh...
                If they do not want to sell it but just part it please look and see if it has chrome pedals...as I am looking for a set if they every become available. It would be the entire accelerator pedal (mounted to firewall), brake pad..pad and emergency brake pad.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Hey Josh...
                  If they do not want to sell it but just part it please look and see if it has chrome pedals...as I am looking for a set if they every become available. It would be the entire accelerator pedal (mounted to firewall), brake pad..pad and emergency brake pad.

I'll definitely strip it of whatever you guys need if they're not into getting rid of the whole car cheap.
                  sigpic

Comment

Very cool. I doubt the car will have them...but I can dream right?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Very cool. I doubt the car will have them...but I can dream right?
                      Like me dreaming about them wanting to unload the car for anything I can afford - which ain't much
                      sigpic

Comment

The Mark VI manual I have is from a 1983 Mark and says stuff about the "EFI option"... so I'm thinking it was optional to get EFI on the Mark in 83. Definitely CFI otherwise though. And some were optioned with the 351 from what I've read (that would be a sweet find).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I think the 351w was a 1980 only option but I could be mistaken. I hope it's nicer out tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Comment

The red '83 MK VI I posted pics of in the Lincolnmania forum ages ago has fuel injection. It had the decal on the driver's fender. I saw the car on the road last week. Here's the thread:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33103
                            Last edited by 79lincolnlover; 11-25-2010, 11:40 PM.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

cool! CFI is still technically fuel injection so maybe that's what the badge is for - I can't find any pics online of a mk VI without a big round air cleaner on top of the motor

I likely can't afford the thing anyway but I'm still gonna go check it out, because you never know what some people consider junk
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X