Looking for original hubcaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for original hubcaps!

Hey guys I'm looking for some original hubcaps for my 1989 GM now Im looking for the older ones that look like a metal dish not the spoked ones. If you have I would love a picture thanks.

yeah those are going to be hard to find I've tryed to find a set like that but no luck

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Arrg I no a guy here who has a 2dr Vic and has them. That's were I got the idea

Comment

they are very hard to find. the wire caps were more common. my old mans wagon has them. they came off a parts car i had.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

they pop up on e-bay from time to time.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            they pop up on e-bay from time to time.
            hmmm ill have to check once in a while thanks

Comment

I have a very nice set from my '79 LTD-S, but I believe they are 14". Can anyone confirm? I'd like to get rid of them if they'll work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 87CrownVic View Post
                I have a very nice set from my '79 LTD-S, but I believe they are 14". Can anyone confirm? I'd like to get rid of them if they'll work for you.
                I would love them but I no that my rims are 15"

Comment

I have some early 15" wheel covers. Not sure if they are what you want. Can somebody post a pic or e-mail me, and I'll send a pic. Pete, better known as WagonMan
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park
                  70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I sold mine to a board member a couple years ago. Don't think I've seen him around in a while.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

http://www.wheelsandcovers.com/servl...6-77-78/Detail found a really nice set of these in erie lastnight 29bucks
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                        http://www.wheelsandcovers.com/servl...6-77-78/Detail found a really nice set of these in erie lastnight 29bucks
                        That's them but I'm not looking for the Lincoln ones but thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by V8GrandMarquis View Post
                          That's them but I'm not looking for the Lincoln ones but thanks though.
                          the GMs used the lincoln emblem as well, matter of fact scott has a set of these on his cherrybomb and they look awsome http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ght=cherrybomb also there nothing stating you cant just find a set of merc hubcaps yank the emblems and swap out with the lincoln ones
                          Last edited by zoomie; 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM.
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

For the records guy, he is looking for the ones I had on Vicky before the wheels.....

Those

I'd sell you mine but I'm hanging on to them in case it goes back to original for some strange reason.
                            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 01-07-2011, 04:21 PM.
                            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

This is just my opinion but I am a big fan of beefing up originality Ex. I love the turbine rims but I would put big white wall BFGs on there. Little stupid things like that that show off its originality but still cool looking. My friends are in the the changing the bumpers and the fugly tail lights and adding neons stupid rice crap like that. I love the car just as god intended it to be hahahah. I couldn't tell you how many people tell me to paint the car baby blue with a white stripe and put hydraulics on it and big 22" crome wheels. I think thats a disgrace to the car but thats just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X