Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of basic ??s re: '85 Grand Marq Colony Park

looking at an '85 wagon...

what is the bolt pattern for the wheels?

what other years/models have interchangeable (body) parts? i.e. this one needs the driver front turn signal, and it seems there is crossover w/ the crown vics or country squires? others?

just trying to get some basic info before pulling the trigger...

btw, how is this 302 (throttle body injection) generally perceived? any good?

thanks in advance.

bolt pattern is a 5 star pattern.

1979-1987 are the years for interchangeable body parts.

The Throttle body Injection or CFI is good when it works but when it doesn't work it just down right sucks. Go For EFI 1986 and up.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
      bolt pattern is a 5 star pattern.
      5 on 4.5? 5 on 5.5?
      Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
      1979-1987 are the years for interchangeable body parts.
      thanks... what other models besides same?

Comment

Originally posted by sinistral View Post
        5 on 4.5? 5 on 5.5?
        5 x 4.5 bolt pattern.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

79-87 Mercury Marquis...Grand Marquis...And Colony Park for the lens you need.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-05-2010, 04:29 PM. Reason: I am stupid...forgot was talk about mercury....
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

actually go with 87 and up the 86 motors , stang,vic, truck all kinda sucked monkey poo.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

The turn signals are only on the Grand Marq sedan and wagon, 79-87. The Vics have different lights. Most of the rest of the metal is the same though. Hood is Grand Marq 79-91 or Vic 88-91.

The CFI is eh. It works fine when it works, but it gets real bitchy with neglect. Usually they can be fixed with all new vacuum lines and a proper tuneup but sometimes they continue to hitch and buck randomly. Often thats a bad timing chain. The early motors had plastic teeth on the timing sets, and it would usually be worn out by 80k miles or so, causing the chain to have a lot of slack in it. If you can find one, an 86+ has a better EFI system but I wouldn't neccesarily shy away from a real clean 85 at a good price.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X