A great deal on audio and a question about '01 GM speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great deal on audio and a question about '01 GM speakers

Hey guys. I just wanted to pass along a KILLER deal on a nice Sony head unit and speaker package.

Amazon has a Sony CXS-GT5416F Bundle with CDX-GT540UI MP3/WMA/AAC/CD Player Receiver and XS-GF1622X 6.5-Inch Speakers for only $59.99 TOTAL with free shipping. It shows list price as $149.99 but the head unit alone @ Best Buy is $139 so jump on it if you need this! I don't think the deal will last much longer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Now for the Q, what size speakers are in the rear deck on my '01 GM? I believe they are close to 6x9 so I am hoping to use the 6.5 rounds in the same place with an adapter plate. I bought this package for the head unit alone but if I can use the speakers as wel that would be great. Anyone have more info? Thanks
    '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
    '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Sh*t, I posted this in the wrong forum, can a mod move to the Aero forum please?
    '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

should be 6x9 under the rear deck. crutchfield.com has a pretty thorough compatibility list and will have all late model cars on there. You can double check on their site.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Right on man, thx.
        '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

Working...
        X