:( :( :( Transmission???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:( :( :( Transmission???

just today i feel it shifting really hard into second gear as if the engine continues to accelerate and the it SLAMs into second get had to add a bit of tran fluid but what can i do now???
    Check It Out!!!
    Lincoln Towncar 1984
    www.youtube.com/loudtowncar

You have an 84 right (ps, could you add that to your sig? makes life easier)? If so, check the TV rod to make sure its still connected. If it comes off the CFI unit, it winds gears way out and slams gears.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ill check it when i get into a garage tommorw where is that located??? why does it only happen from 1st to 2nd

ill change mu sinature
      Check It Out!!!
      Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

driver's side of the throttle body. Its the big rod that runs down behind the back of the motor to the transmission. There should be a bushing of some sort in the end where it fits on the peg on the throttle body too.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Moved to correct forum.

Thanks
          2000 Grand Marquis LS
          2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
          1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
          Mercury Owners Group member
          Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

While your at it check to make sure the tv rod has smooth action. You can move the tv rod back and forth on its linkage(car off) and make sure it returns back against the throttle stop. You want that tv rod to stay against the throttle stop when you ease off the gas or you'll get a jerky part throttle shift. If the linkage is sticky, you can spray some carb cleaner, quick start etc on there.

Isaiah

Comment

Thanks Fordman i wanna keep this car long as i can!!! hopefully gonna crawl under the car tommorw to check it out be looking in the haynes manual but cant find must anybody have a diagram???

Help me save the comfotable car in the world !!!

Matt
              Check It Out!!!
              Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

Originally posted by vitals_fading View Post
                Thanks Fordman i wanna keep this car long as i can!!! hopefully gonna crawl under the car tommorw to check it out be looking in the haynes manual but cant find must anybody have a diagram???

Help me save the comfotable car in the world !!!

Matt
                You can check the tv rod from under the hood... remove the air cleaner assembly for better access and make sure the tv rod is hooked up. It will be attached to the throttle linkage and attached to the side of the transmission. It is about 3 feet long, cant miss it.

You want to make sure it's attached before you drive anywhere! Inspect where the rod attaches to the throttle linkage, there will be a bushing... it is either rubber or brass. The brass one is better because it uses a clip so the rod can't come off. If you have a rubber one, it's probably original and should be replaced with a brass one.

I would put a picture on here for reference but am rather computer ignorant. You can search 'tv rod brass bushing' and come up with some pictures and info on here...

Isaiah

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                  X