Moonroof 91 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonroof 91 GM

One of those oddball cars with a moonroof. Looks decent enough with the factory headliner matched shade to be dealer installed. But with the funky continential kit, probably aftermarket?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLASS...item4aa709ef4d

1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Neat car, and I like the color combo.

I'm not a fan of moonroofs, though. They always leak.

A couple years ago I looked at a red tudor that I am quite certain had a factory installed moonroof. If it wasn't factory, it was surely the nicest retrofit I've ever seen.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

continential kit FTW! i love those. that is a nice car. My buddy's 88 TC has a sunroof. Thankfully it hasnt leaked ever, but those sunroofs are the largest ones i have ever seen in a car.
      2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
      2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
      1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

the only part I don't like is the "fake convertible ribs) on the roof. I never have liked those. Otherwise... it looks really good. The rear bumper mounted spare is one of those odd things, but generally looks ok IMO.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Pretty car. I saw an 87 down Grand Marquis running around town with the conti kit before. I wish my car had a sunroof or equivalent. Just wouldn't want the leaks possibly associated with it.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

the leaks suck. my bros 88 TC has a factory sunroof and leaks a bit if its pooring down hard rain.but, is an awsome feature for these cruiser cars.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I love the power Moonroof in my Thunderbird TC. But it's a double edge sword. On a nice day it's pretty sweet cruising around with it open, gives a slight convertible feel to the car. The rest of the time it's just one big Air/Water leak point that is near impossible to stop completely.

Comment

Looks to be an EGR Classics (or something like that) faux conti-kit. Just for looks. I like it though, but I want a real one. Although I'd settle for a faux one until then.

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like it. Even the kit.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                  X