Whale Equivalents of HPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whale Equivalents of HPP

I was wondering what was the last year model for the HPP? I'm guessing late 90's. That leads to my next questions:

After the HPP was discontinued, what was the equivalent package called in GM's and CV's, and can you tell by the VIN whether a particular car has it? I'm thinking that the equivalent package in newer whales had several different names, like "Ultimate" "Sport" "LSE" etc. I remember seeing those names, but I'm not sure exactly what they include.

I'm specifically interested in learning how to tell if a car has a "performance" package without actually going to look at the car in person to see if it has duals, which would be a dead giveaway.

Not sure when the "HPP" designation was dropped, but I do know that the newer GMs with the LSE package are the equivalent to the HPP.

Also, the Crown Victoria LX Sport is the same as well. Easy to tell on both of them as they both got a center console w/ shifter, like the Marauder. The CV LX Sport came with 17" 5-spoke alloy wheels similar to Explorer style wheels. The 01-02 CV Sport wheels have a dish to them, while the 03+ have a more flat face with the spokes even with the outside edge of the rim. Both cars get dual exhaust stock. The gear ratio on my Sport is 3.27 open, probably the same on the LSE. Comes with traction control. Not sure if a trac-loc was an option as mine does not have it.

It also comes with a monochrome paint scheme (body colored mirrors, grill, rear facia, moulding.) The only chrome on my 03 is around all 4 windows and the door handles.

The LSE has a alloy multi-spoked wheel in what I assume is 17" as well.

That's about all I know. Hope it helps!

Jay
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

HPP was available until 2007. Very hard option to find though.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
      Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
      Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Comment

Working...
      X