AODE questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AODE questions

Hi there ive got a 94 GM with AODE and am planning on doing the J-mod and upgrading the accumulator plungers, replacing front/rear seal and putting mercon V fluid in. My question is, as ive been reading ive seen info where it says to upgrade to a 99 valve body and also the benefit of an 11" torque converter w/ appropriate flexplate. Are these recommended? This is purely a daily driver and im going with the mild j-mod setup. Also is there anything else that im forgetting while im in there? I will probably take the tranny out and change the rear main while im at it. Thanks for any info.
    1994 GMLS 2 owner
    1989 Mustang 5.0 LX

I just drilled the holes in the separator plate for my mild J-mod.
    I'm not sure about the 99 valve body.
    11" torque converters are smaller, with less rotational mass. I wouldn't bother with that or the flex plate if you're going to keep it as a daily driver.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

is my 95 AODE?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

No. 95 was the first year of the 4R70W.
        The 4R70W is just a slightly different AODE. Wider Gears (That's the W in 4R70W), longer tailshaft and tailshaft housing. And the power connection is different. The AODE has 3 12v points, where the 4R70W has 1.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
        X