Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO OEM or aftermarket GM remote keyless entry casing / shell

Hey guys.

I noticed this morning my keyless entry was missing off my keyring. I found it in my back pocket. What has happened is the loop that holds the keyring on is made of 2 thin pieces of plastic that comes together when the case is snapped closed and the ring loop has split in the center. Along with that, my spare set is split as well. So what I want to do is move the electronic inside to another case before I lose the damn things and have to deal with all that hassle.

Anyone know where to get the case only without it costing an arm and a leg? I looked on ebay but they only have the 4 button cases. Mine is only 3 Lock, unlock & panic.

FWIW, the case says Ford, not Mercury. I can't even find one pic of this case at all online. The 3 buttons are oval and it says Ford above the lock buttons with 4 ribs below the panic button.

Seems like a flaw in design so I am hoping someone here has experienced this as well and knows where to get them.
    Last edited by r2t; 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM.
    '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
    '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

plastic welder epoxy... a small straw (to make the hole big enough)... slather the a-b mix around the straw and onto the remote where the tabs used to be. Yeah... it's a little ugly and rigged... but it's only the cost of the epoxy and a straw (or other easily trimmed off hollow object). You can also just use the plastic epoxy to glue a ring to the back of the case with enough of it poking up past the top to allow putting a chain on it.

I've seen worse things done... but this would be a good temp to permanent fix until you can find a real replacement.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X