80mm lightening maf on a 99 and airbox mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80mm lightening maf on a 99 and airbox mods

Recently I had the opportunity to buy an 04+ airbox and maf from a wrecked p71...I noticed why they make 11 more hp...a bigger air inlet in the front and the bigger maf..

however the bigger maf had a different pig tail connector, so I passed.

Today I found a friend that has an 80 and a 90mm lightening maf, and it "looks" like the connector is the same.

I'm thinking of picking up the 80....am I correct to assume I'll need a tune to make it work, or is it plug and play?

as far as airbox mods what have you all done? I'm just thinking of cutting out that tiny little air inlet tube and either just leaving a big hole, or plumbing something different like a wide pcv pipe.

what mods have you guys all done? I don't want that kn filter setup, too much $$$
    -1999 P71 Crown vic X LAPD..
    -1966 mustang, 5.0 roller crate motor, t5 etc
    -1972 maverick 5.0 roller crate motor with EFI and a Lentech AOD

You need a tune for it to work. Is it a 4 pin or 6 pin connector?
    The 6 pin connector has the IAT sensor built in, The 4-pin connector, does not.
    You can wire in the 6 pin to work with the 4 pin

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by v8only View Post
      Recently I had the opportunity to buy an 04+ airbox and maf from a wrecked p71...I noticed why they make 11 more hp...a bigger air inlet in the front and the bigger maf..

however the bigger maf had a different pig tail connector, so I passed.

Today I found a friend that has an 80 and a 90mm lightening maf, and it "looks" like the connector is the same.

I'm thinking of picking up the 80....am I correct to assume I'll need a tune to make it work, or is it plug and play?

as far as airbox mods what have you all done? I'm just thinking of cutting out that tiny little air inlet tube and either just leaving a big hole, or plumbing something different like a wide pcv pipe.

what mods have you guys all done? I don't want that kn filter setup, too much $$$
      If you want it run correctly you will need a tune. however, if you are not willing to spend the money on a K&N filter, I highly doubt you will want to spend the $$$ on a decent tune.

Contact Lonnie @ BOC for more information on the tune, he knows his stuff.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

thanks guys...I may pick it up. It's not that I'm not willing to spend money on a tune, I just have to figure out my final plans for the car first.
        -1999 P71 Crown vic X LAPD..
        -1966 mustang, 5.0 roller crate motor, t5 etc
        -1972 maverick 5.0 roller crate motor with EFI and a Lentech AOD

Comment

Working...
        X