'66 Lincoln Continental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'66 Lincoln Continental

One of my all-time dream cars. This one looks to be in incredible shape, and already in my favorite color as well. Too bad I don't have the money to spend right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linco...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Sweet!!!!

There be a 65 Silver her in Kinston. Don't know asking price and haven't asked, wife is afraid I'll sell one of the kids to buy the darn thing.

Love the suicide doors!

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

Lol! @ selling one of the kids!

I'd like to buy an immaculate condition one, but that just wouldn't really be me. Restoring them is half the fun! I'll just wait until I happen upon some old decrepit POS someone just wants out of their yard, snatch that up, and get to have some fun restoring it, and searching for all the unobtanium parts.

The car hobby is a never ending one.

Comment

itd be nice to have an all original '66 continental that doesnt need restoration.
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
          itd be nice to have an all original '66 continental that doesnt need restoration.
          I can't disagree with that!

Not like I need anymore cars currently anyway, lol.

Comment

I can't decide if I like the 64 or the 66 more, either way I would mod the shit out of one if I had it.

I'll have to dig out the pictures, but there was someone who had tastefully modded out a 56 (my all time favorite). It had a hopped up 429, redone interior, and wheels. The only way you could tell it wasn't stock was the wheels, slightly lower stance, and custom seat covers. Otherwise it appeared bone stock. It was awesome.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I had a '67 Continental convertible for 10 years. It was a rust free original car from San Francisco in very nice shape with 92,000 miles on it. I had it repainted, new carpeting & leather seats, and redid some chrome and stainless trim to make it really nice. It was a fun car which I drove a lot in summers only. The 462 was really powerfull and it was a nice smooth riding car. It had a few drawbacks though; the suspension was too weak for such a heavy car so even taking turns slowly caused a lot of body lean. Also, it got about 11 miles to the gallon in regular city driving. It was recommended that the car use premium gasoline, but it seemed to run OK on mid-grade (this was 1999 when mid-grade gasoline was only about $1.35 a gallon. When it shot up to $1.55 it was costing me over $50 to fill the tank).

Comment

this video is linked in the auction... watch if you have not this one has machine guns in the back. Video moves damn slow though...

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                X