fuel injector 2 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injector 2 carb

Can som1 please post pics of engines that was fuel injectors that is now switch 2 carb. And what can i place for a shift cable? Because my transmission cable doesnt reach the carb therefore it doesent change gears..
    i switch a 302 fuel injected 2 a 302 edelbrock 4barrell carb

Originally posted by SwanginOn4z View Post
    Can som1 please post pics of engines that was fuel injectors that is now switch 2 carb. And what can i place for a shift cable? Because my transmission cable doesnt reach the carb therefore it doesent change gears..
    i switch a 302 fuel injected 2 a 302 edelbrock 4barrell carb
    check the EFI or CFI to carb thread mang. honestly if you want abad ass carb i would go with a predator, but thats just my two cents look into a 351 shift cable they are carbed
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Here's one place to start; that car used to be SEFI. I reused the 5/16" return line on the driver's side and plumbed that to a mechanical fuel pump while installing a carb-specific tank and pickup, but there are oodles of other options.

Common solution for TV cables is an aftermarket unit from Lokar or some similar source. My wagon pics show the Lokar TV and throttle cables with the matching bracket, all on an Edelbrock carb. I have more pics of that setup floating around this site somewhere.

Don't forget the TV corrector, such as Summit Racing PN 700203 (I believe you can thank me for this now showing up in their search function, BTW. )

FWIW, I don't think I see myself using AFB carburetors again in the future simply because there are far better options out there if one can scrape together the cash, but the design does have the advantages of low initial cost (was $300 retail with electric choke plus $35-$45 for the tuning kit, and I scored a rebuilt Carter off eBay for $85) and extreme ease of use. Another PITA with an AFB carb is the fuel inlet location, which is why I was so incredibly pleased with myself when I concocted this carb inlet mod: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...&postcount=139
      Last edited by 1987cp; 12-23-2010, 10:57 AM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the cable must reach the carb, otherwise you'll burn the transmission up. It is not optional.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm using the lokar cable. It's not cheap at about $80 from summit racing but is an easy install. Just adjust it so the throttle and cable move together (no slack), and they both bottom out (WOT) together.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
          Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
          Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
          NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

In this pic bottom you can see the Lokar cable on the carb. I'm using edelbrock 1405

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Another pick for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Smokestacklightnin View Post
                I'm using the lokar cable. It's not cheap at about $80 from summit racing but is an easy install. Just adjust it so the throttle and cable move together (no slack), and they both bottom out (WOT) together.
                It's recommended to use a pressure gauge to set the TV position.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Damn you guys are good!

Packman

Comment

Don't drive that without that cable hooked up!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X