what computer in 95s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what computer in 95s?

what diagnostic system do 95 fords use? obd ii not being fully integrated til 96 and all. what will i need to scan it?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Some thing you would use for your 90 as far as I know.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yup... EEC-VI. same scanners as every other 80s/early 90s Ford.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

1995 was unique to itself. No other year PCM is compatible and it is an OBD2 system.

Comment

OBDII . use the black rectangular connection under dash.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by chiachick07 View Post
            1995 was unique to itself. No other year PCM is compatible and it is an OBD2 system.
            This. 95's actually got OBDII a year ahead.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

My mom's 1995 Explorer does not have the thing under the dash. Still has the stuff under the hood. Unless this conversation only involves panthers.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                My mom's 1995 Explorer does not have the thing under the dash. Still has the stuff under the hood. Unless this conversation only involves panthers.
                Only panthers I believe, although there may have been a few other fords too, and I have no idea of other manufacturers.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

http://www.obdii.com/connector.html

Read that entire page.

Comment

correct... 95 year model panther chassis went to OBD-II.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                      what diagnostic system do 95 fords use? obd ii not being fully integrated til 96 and all. what will i need to scan it?
                      I've heard rumors of an OBD-II test connector under the dash though. The old trapezoid plug might still be under the hood on the drivers side. Passenger's side is the ABS. The panther was Ford's guinea pigs for a lot of things, OBD-II included. '95 was their first year.
                      Last edited by 86VickyLX; 12-26-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, several cars had split systems for the 95 model year, 5.0L Mustang was one. also, the trapezoid plug for the ABS should be RED in color and slightly different connectors, which would make it different from the normal EEC-IV connector.
                        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                          Yes, several cars had split systems for the 95 model year, 5.0L Mustang was one. also, the trapezoid plug for the ABS should be RED in color and slightly different connectors, which would make it different from the normal EEC-IV connector.
                          It's the same plug. No difference. I've actually seen some engine computer plugs red. Mostly on trucks. The ABS connector on my mom's '94 is black. Difference between the two is that the engine one has a one wire pigtail as well.

Comment

odd... I could have sworn the 95 had the old connector under the hood... maybe it was a 94 I was looking at. meh.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Did you even look under the hood to see if you had the connector mang?

Comment

Working...
                              X