Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting issue

97 GM 160k
    So now that I've gotten most of the gremlins worked out I'm having two fairly minor lighting issues. #1 The dome, floor lights, and glovebox do not work. They don't come on when I open the door and they don't come on when I use the switch. The trunk light works. I've replaced all the blubs, and I know atleast the drivers door switch is okay. #2 When I use the hazards, only the left side blinks. Accordingly, only the left turn signal indicator flashes. All the other exterior lights work normally, turn signals, headlights, park lamps, etc.

I've read that these use an LCM to control the interior lamps and all exterior lamps..Given that I'm having problems with both the hazards and the dome lamps, I think that's where I'm going to start. Are their any diganostics I can perform on it short of trying a junkyard one?

Did you replace the fuses?
    I had a 15A fuse blow that controls the inside lighting. I have one of those handy fuse checker thingys. I got it in a kit from Advance for like $10.
    Try replacing the hazard relay. It's a cylindrical silver-like item on the fuse box near the steering column.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Hmm, I checked all the fuses that were labeled as being light related But I'll go just go and pull them all and see what comes up. I thought the hazard relay was inside the LCM? I'll look for one anyway.

Comment

I saw an article somewhere that had an LCM disassembled and showed how to repair it with commonly found automotive relays instead of the weenie onboard relays that are apparently the primary failure point. It was linked from here in the last couple of months, but be damned if I know who posted it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did... it was a post over on mercuryforums.com... I'll go fetch it again...

this thread: http://www.mercuryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4050

or the original on CVN: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...=4#Post1159835

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X