new kid on the block- '05 LSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new kid on the block- '05 LSE

Decided it was time for a new toy, and the family plan and $4K rebate was just too good to pass up...not to mention that it appears that they killed off the LSE for '06 which ruled out ordering to spec.

I've got to fly in and pick it up during the next week, but I've signed off on an '05 LSE Silver Birch with Flint. Got stuck with the side airbags but the options choice was really limited on the handful of remaining '05 LSE with moonroof.

It's basically a toy for me...it fits nicely between the Miata and the one-ton and saves me the hassle of potentially replacing the engine on the used XK8 I was looking at.

Any idea how long it will be before I quit having my left foot hunting for a clutch pedal though...I haven't owned and driven a slushbox in years- Reagan was still in office if that tells ya anything

Welcome to GMN!!!!!!!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Sounds sweet, i didn't know they had moonroofs on the 05. Gotta post up some pics when you get it!

Comment

Nice! LSE's are sweeeet.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic

Sounds sweet, i didn't know they had moonroofs on the 05. Gotta post up some pics when you get it!
          Let's face it...the spiral bound '05 brochure didn't even list the LSE- don't recall if it showed the moonroof or not.

I'm left with the impression that a lot of them were probably spec orders...however, as of this past week there were still a handful with the grey leather that were showing in the northeast. There was one in the Detroit area, a few in the Pittsburgh area, one or two in West Nyack, NY and I think a few left in Philadelphia. When I started looking at the financing a few weeks ago, there were three showing in the Chicago area, and it appears I am getting the last of those three...Means I have to fly up and drive the 1100 miles back home...I don't trust a lot jockey to make the drive without tearing something up.

Photos to come at some point in time

Comment

to GMN!!

Finally someone else in Texas.
            -Michael

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I find a panther to be the only vehicle with an automatic that i dont hunt for a clutch in. I think it has to do with the attitude of the cars

at least once per drive cycle when driving mom's mustang my left foot smashes the brake pedal
                GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I've been driving my lincoln for so long, when I go to drive my moms dodge neon, I reach up to put it into drive, it's a manual lol
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

to the forums.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

TO THE M-PANTHER ZONE Michelle browse through the forums and !Congrats! in be another succesful member.

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF "BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR") :cops:
                      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
                        TO THE M-PANTHER ZONE Michelle browse through the forums and !Congrats! in be another succesful member.

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF "BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR") :cops:
                        Sniper is teh GMN official welcome comittee

Comment

goddammit I am so pissed right now...

called last night to confirm that tomorrow was good for the dealership up north for me to come get it...they tell me they have no LSE's on their property and that the last one was traded to a dealership in Indiana. As of a few minutes ago, nobody with FoMoCo can tell me exactly where a car is that I have a signed contract on (to include odometer statement and title paperwork, not to mention the paper tag for when I got up there).

Corporate is involved...

I'm wondering what concessions I will be getting if there are any LSE's that still remain now that another week has passed...the only others with the moonroof and grey interior that showed up when we were looking last week were in the northeast (PA and NY) with one in Detroit that supposedly had a deal pending.

Local dealership claimed they were also "looking at what could be done on ordering an '06" to which I was wondering how they were going to shit the LSE package and moonroof that appear to have been dropped for 2006. Local manager person makes the column shift out to be "similar equipment" so they obviously don't grasp why I looked at the LSE in the first place...

If ANYONE knows of an LSE new on the lots with grey interior and moonroof, let me know ASAP so that we can get the FoMoCo idiots to snag it. I doubt there are any that wouldn't have been on the computers, but you never know...

Comment

Did you check ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                              Did you check ebay?
                              No new LSE's with a moonroof over there...and yes it has to be an LSE and yes it has to have a moonroof and yes it has to be new.

Comment

Working...
                              X