1980 lincoln analog gauge cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 lincoln analog gauge cluster

i fogot all about this issue, since the car is in storage lol. it seems like my speedo in the lincoln has gone to shit. its 10-15 KMs off and will bounce back to actuall speed once and a while. this is for my 1980 lincoln mark VI. which means it has to have the silver background and not the black background found in '83+ lincolns. let me know what you got!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
    i fogot all about this issue, since the car is in storage lol. it seems like my speedo in the lincoln has gone to shit. its 10-15 KMs off and will bounce back to actuall speed once and a while. this is for my 1980 lincoln mark VI. which means it has to have the silver background and not the black background found in '83+ lincolns. let me know what you got!
    might check the actual gear going into the trans also some white grease might help too
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

why do you suspect the gear? im sure its the speedo, since it sounds like a cash register sometimes lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        why do you suspect the gear? im sure its the speedo, since it sounds like a cash register sometimes lol
        hmmm not sure about the sound, but i know that the gear itself is what turns the needle, it might also be the connection up in the dash going to the speedo itself too. ive seen those go wonky before.
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

the cable may be binding as well. my 88 and Mark both need new speedo cables. The 88 is so bad that a 1 foot section of the cable's sheath is half gone. The actual spinning cable is exposed. I'm amazed it doesn't jump more than it does. The Mark, I'm not sure about (haven't inspected that real close), but it's not in much better shape.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X