Wrecked my LX Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrecked my LX Sport

Well, Thursday while pulling out of a parking lot and turning left... a gal was coming down the center merge lane to reach the turn lane and the avoid stopped traffic. As I edged out around a truck she hit the driver's side corner. The front end is gone... to include the grill, header panel, all lights and the bumper/bumper components.

The shop is getting me all the marauder parts cost Monday and then installing it for me with me only having to pay the diff from the LX Sport parts!

MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    - With the addition of the MM header panel, will there be any fit issues with the marauder corners and headlights?
    - Is the light switch for the MM different than the LX Sport for the fog lights? The wiring will be a hang-up I'm sure.
    - Wiring the corners, if they just remove one of the fit/clips from the side as I've read on here, will they function properly?

I figure this is the best way to get the Marauder front end swap done with awsome results, they just need to know about any potential headaches. The difference after looking at most of the parts is around 700ish. Not too bad to include the painting! Down the line I'll get the MM badge off the grill and be 100% satisfied with the look. At least something good will come of the wreck I guess.

Thanks,
    B.J.
    Lucy, my LX Sport is getting a nose-job!

Who wants to help me rebuild a 351 and stick it in the Merc? On hold a little longr...

I really love the way your LX sport looks.

But glad soemthing good is coming out of this...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

iirc you need to basically replace the whole front clip to get it all together properly without rigging anything up
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Right... Thats why they'll use the MM header panel to build it from. My main concern is there's something I'm overlooking with the addition of the header panel that may become an issue? Any thoughts?

Thanks
        B.J.

Who wants to help me rebuild a 351 and stick it in the Merc? On hold a little longr...

Comment

It should all fit fine, I dont think the fenders are different but I could be wrong.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Was at the shop today and found the fenders are the same... so all should be good! Ordering all the parts tomorrow!

Its like the night before Christmas... to myself! :banana:
            B.J.

Comment

Make sure to get pics.

If you need hosting, PM me on AIM...

Comment

I've already got pics of the damage and how the car sits now... no front end at all! Ordered the parts today, they'll be here tomorrow and next week I should have the car back, hopefully before I go to Atlanta for the weekend!

I'll get with you online to host them when I finnish all the pics! :slug:
                B.J.

Comment

Perhaps one day when i'm up that way, I can see it in person

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident, but that sounds like a really cool project! I'd like to see some before during and after pics too!

Comment

Talked to the shop today and all the parts are in. The bumper took a day longer than it should have... apparently no one at the shop could believe how much it cost and the delivery guy didn't want to handle it cause he was scared!

Paint Monday, assemble Tuesday and DRIVE WEDNESDAY! I can't wait

B.J.

Comment

ITS DONE!

ITS DONE! I picked it up to day from paint and washed the hell out of it. Now I have to get the Mercury logo off the front and I'm in business!

I'll get pics soon... Tom I'll need you to host them. It looks great! Everything works including the side curtesey lamps etc, and maybe I just want it to be, but I'm almost sure the lights are brighter than the old CV headlights.

B.J.

Comment

:slug: Get them pics up mang!!!

Comment

:ttiwwop:
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

If you need a contact on the badgeless Marauder grill send me a PM. Damn, I just sold my old black badgeless grill.
                              Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X