Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Areo Electrical Problems

I'm working on a 94GM and it's got a few problems:

1. With the headlights on, I can turn on the highbeams and the low beams go off, is that right? And if not is it the headlight switch in the dash or the column?

2. the cornering lights don't come on at all when the turn signals are used.

3. With the ignition key in the acc. position there is no power, the car is dead, everything works fine with the key in the 'on' position. The ignition switch (key switch) does feel worn out and loose.

Anyboby have any advice?

Thanks

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
    I'm working on a 94GM and it's got a few problems:

1. With the headlights on, I can turn on the highbeams and the low beams go off, is that right? And if not is it the headlight switch in the dash or the column?

Thanks
    That's how they should be.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

+1 the headlights work fine. They stopped the 4-on look with the aero.

the cornering lights is probably a fuse... or burnt out bulbs check them out.

The ignition switch may be suspect, but that's actually buried deeper than the key cylinder. The key cylinder connects to the ignition switch inside the column. There is also an ACC fuse in the under hood fuse box IIRC and that may be blown.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X