Ebay-- Vic/Merc Complete Premium Sound Radio Kit NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay-- Vic/Merc Complete Premium Sound Radio Kit NOS

Found this on Ebay. It is a NOS premium sound radio kit with all the wires, speakers, radio, and amp. Not a bad price either for NOS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Old-F...Q5fAccessories

never seen that radio before i seen one similar but that is a great price for the whole set.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

It is the exact radio that is in my brother's 88 Town Car. I figured that they were the same for Vics and Mercs with the premium sound as well.

Comment

It's a little different - maybe an '88-'89 premium sound specific thing on the deck?

I can't find the kit in the master parts catalog. They stop listing them after 1986.

I'd be a buyer for my wagon at a lower price. I really liked the premium sound in my '82 (factory Audiovox). The '87 had it too but I didn't care for it as much since it didn't have the external amp control.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Those speakers may have been installed at one time. If you look closely, they appear to have crumbs and dust and hair n shit all over them. Everything else looks pretty ok tho as far as I can see...

Comment

look at the gaskets around the speakers, and the paint around the bolt holes. its not marred or scratched up at all. looks minty fresh. probably hasn't been installed ever, but the original outside box looks to have water damage.
            What happened here?

Comment

that is the top notch JBL system. my brothers 88 towncar and 89 mark VII, my 88, and both 91 mercs that i owned, had the same system. they all sounded awsome for stock. also, with that system, installing a aftermarket deck is plug and play. you can get the connectors from schoche specifically for premium sound.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                that is the top notch JBL system. my brothers 88 towncar and 89 mark VII, my 88, and both 91 mercs that i owned, had the same system. they all sounded awsome for stock. also, with that system, installing a aftermarket deck is plug and play. you can get the connectors from schoche specifically for premium sound.
                Stop! You are making me want to spend money!
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

you know you want too lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    I don't think that is the JBL. The GM/CV never got the JBL only the Townie. The magnets on the 6x9s are not as big as the JBL units and the amp says "Ford/JBL" on it. I remember the differences since my 89 GM had premium sound but my 89 TC had the JBL and I was surprised by how much beefier the speakers were in the JBL system.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

it would probably work well in my Mark... at least I would have all channels then... but I really wanna do up a system myself eventually.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X