Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-Dr Ford/Merc Ventshades

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-1...Q5fAccessories

Might fit teh '80 Lincoln two door also - has anyone measured the top of the doors of a 2dr Lincoln vs Ford/Merc.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

That's a pretty decent price

Comment

They fit nice too. The clips are a little hard to push in place...required a flat head to push up on into the channel but they are very sturdy when installed.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I can measure the doors on my Mark and let someone else measure the doors on their CV/GM tudor and compare notes. then we would know if they would fit a Linc tudor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I will take some measurements in a couple of weeks. Snowing out now...car is under a cover...going away next week for a week but will be glad to help after that.

Where exactly should we measure? I guess the horizontal portion of the door from the back edge to the first bend?

EDIT. I just took a gander at your rr thread...your door frame looks bigger...by a couple of inches. Still willing to measure though.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-07-2011, 03:00 PM.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I will take some measurements in a couple of weeks. Snowing out now...car is under a cover...going away next week for a week but will be glad to help after that.

Where exactly should we measure? I guess the horizontal portion of the door from the back edge to the first bend?

EDIT. I just took a gander at your rr thread...your door frame looks bigger...by a couple of inches. Still willing to measure though.
            it may just be the angle of the photos. Measuring stick will tell the truth. And yeah... from the highest point in the rear to the first bend forward.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

deal. I have a door in my basement to measure but that is inaccessible as well. But I will measure when I get a chance.
              ~David~

Comment

31 inches dead across the top of the door on my Mark.

Comment

If theyll go on a lincoln 2dr Ill take a pair.
                  Town Coupe [X]
                  Mark VI [ ]
                  Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                  Crown Victoria Coupe
                  [ ]

Comment

"What are the lengths?
                    A: The top of the window channel that is exposed would have to be 26 and 9/16 inches for these to fit. Hope this helps, Randy"
                    Town Coupe [X]
                    Mark VI [ ]
                    Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                    Crown Victoria Coupe
                    [ ]

Comment

i just bought that set

heres a link to another set though-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...05544936345668
                      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                      1994 MGM GS Montigua
                      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

looks like the CV/GM door angles forward at the rear of the window channel a little. It's straight up on the Lincoln. I'm thinking that the CV/GM will be shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                          i just bought that set

Are you planning on opening your own panther box parts store? You buy everything!
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            Are you planning on opening your own panther box parts store? You buy everything!
                            theyre already getting harder to find so im trying to get what i come across now.

it all started after i saw a set of NOS wheel well molding, at that time i didnt realize how rare they were and thought i could always buy them later some time. yeah right.

ever since then if i think i might need it (or you guys) in the future and its priced reasonably i grab it.

i bought a NOS hood ornament for $35 shipped. wonder how much more itll cost in 10 years. double, at least.
                            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                            1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

yea, the door channels are not the same at the end of the door. the lincoln has a square end, as the ford/merc is angled.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                              X