New stereo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stereo.

Hey gang. I just installed a Kenwood Excelon X994 stereo in the Merc, and I want to follow up with Kenwood speakers. I just wired up the whole speaker system, bypassing the Premium Sound package. So I need advice from the sound gurus on 4", 6 1/2", and 6 x9's. any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not going crazy with amps, and such, but I would like a clean sound for when I crank it up. BTW, I love the Bluetooth feature of this unit, but it was a little unnerving the first time a call came through. I thought the stereo took a shit, till I hear my wife's voice over the speakers. LOL
    MIKE

Originally posted by PICKUP6772 View Post
    Hey gang. I just installed a Kenwood Excelon X994 stereo in the Merc, and I want to follow up with Kenwood speakers. I just wired up the whole speaker system, bypassing the Premium Sound package. So I need advice from the sound gurus on 4", 6 1/2", and 6 x9's. any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not going crazy with amps, and such, but I would like a clean sound for when I crank it up. BTW, I love the Bluetooth feature of this unit, but it was a little unnerving the first time a call came through. I thought the stereo took a shit, till I hear my wife's voice over the speakers. LOL
    MIKE
    if you want the best sound quality, polk DB series, alpine, jbl, MBqaurt are all excellent speakers, allthough i implore you the polk DB series are probably the best ive heard so far.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

My alltime favorite car speakers were Infinity Kappas, not cheap, but midgrade speakers do = midgrade sound.

Although midgrade looks good from where I'm currently sittin'...

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

MB Quart fan here!
        '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
        '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

I hear ya, Pete. Finances limit my choices, too. Plus I've had nothing but good with Kenwood.
          MIKE

Comment

factory JBL speakers in the back work well for me. cheap too if you find them in the junkyard.

I like the Boston Acoustics I have in the dash too.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X