p72 electrical plug connection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p72 electrical plug connection question

rather than make seperate threads for each indiviual electrical question, heres one big one.

will the p72 have the same plugs for stuff like the lighted mirrors, power seats, that an LX has?

i've grown used to all the gizmos and such that are on the LX models and would like them on my p72
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

:bump:

Comment

You just wanna raise that post count to catch up with your idol GMGT, dont ya?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm pretty sure they will. When they become a p72 they add a special wire box to power all the acc. At least thats what I've seen on newer models. connectors should be there just not plugged in to anything.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          You just wanna raise that post count to catch up with your idol GMGT, dont ya?
          lol :slug:

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
            I'm pretty sure they will. When they become a p72 they add a special wire box to power all the acc. At least thats what I've seen on newer models. connectors should be there just not plugged in to anything.
            hopefully they did that in the older cars too. this is the first p72 i've owned. all my other boxes have been wagons or sedans that are loaded for the most part.

Comment

alrighty, after pulling the dash trim off it appears there are connectors for most of the stuff such as the power antenna and even the heated windshield option. since shifty has a power antenna and i'm swapping dash trim i'm throwing in the switch. i'm going through the effort of swapping dash pieces because theres holes in them :cuss: i'm not swapping antennas though as its not really that big a deal. nobodys ever fucked with my antenna and if i left the power one up and someone does screw with it it'll look like ass

i also found out that i cannot use my current radio harness either i'll have to get a new one from wallyworld or someplace. blasted premium sound

Comment

That car did have a nice dash, Tallen took it out and put it in the CHP car, and yours got that one.
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

You just wanna raise that post count to catch up with your idol
                  i only know one idol, and thats billy idol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMang
                    That car did have a nice dash, Tallen took it out and put it in the CHP car, and yours got that one.
                    i saw the CHP car in person and it was fucking beautiful

Comment

i finally had a chance tonite to pull down a visor and i felt around in there and i felt no plug. so thats a no go lol. i also figured i'd drop down the ticket light and see whether there was a hole there for the wiring or not. the only holes there are for the screws holding it up, which makes me happy. i can live with 3 screw holes for now. so i took a knife and cut the wire and then proceeded to toss it about(the ticket light that is lol, stupid fucking pos)

Comment

couldnt you use the power for the ticket light for the visor light?
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

If I pull my headliner before you find it, I'll let you know where the plugs are. I added lighted visors to my car and they also don't have the plug. I'm betting its tucked up under the headliner or in the pillar though.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it could be in there, i think i'm gonna strip out the interior to run some stereo wirng and clean the floorpans up of any rust and such. so i might look again. maybe by then i'll have found a set of blue lighted visors lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X