1994 Grand Mrquis Air Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Grand Mrquis Air Suspension

well I have not gone through all posts to see if this problem has been addressed; but my situation appears different from others I have spoken to. First, I have a '94 GM, 210,000kms, and no problem with the air ride until now. After I had an air leak, the rear susepnsion went down all the way, I had to drive a short way to get home; but after the air lek was repaired the system works normally for about 1/2 hour, then the warning light comes on. No, the rear suspension does not drop, and I have been all over the vehicle above and below and I am certain to further air leaks remain. The rear air bags look good as does the sensor at the rear axle. Any ideas? Could damage to the sensor have occured when the rear suspension was so low and I was forced to drive it home?

Maybe the compressor burned up from continuously running when there was the leak?

Comment

The light normally comes on when the compressor runs an excessive number of times, or for too long to reach trim height. Its usually caused by a leak at either the drier or at the solenoid. If the rear doesn't sink overnight, the springs are probably fine but I'd be spraying some soapy water at the connection on the compressor, and at the solenoids where the air line connects. If its bubbling away, pull the leaky connection apart and replace the O rings inside.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^What gadget said. Also, if this car is driven on roads that are salted during the winter, the rubber suspension components will deteriorate faster.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
        X