The explorer gt40p header thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The explorer gt40p header thread

After a bit of searching and dicussion about what headers fit i came accost this while looking for some other stuff. hope this helps out!
    http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...56k-death.html
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Cool find.

Equal lengths look like such a mess of tubing.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah. Some real cool reading. Thanks.

Comment

welcome yall!

Comment

Originally posted by matholomathe
          I'm getting close to finishing the head gasket change on the Mustang. Probably another couple of hours and I'll be done with it. I've found a few more Easter eggs in the engine, such as none of the dovel rings were present.
          bye bye mr spam!

Comment

Originally posted by matholomathe
            I'm getting close to finishing the head gasket change on the Mustang. Probably another couple of hours and I'll be done with it. I've found a few more Easter eggs in the engine, such as none of the dovel rings were present.
            Hmm. Ive seen it happen.

Where the bozzle rods in place, or not?
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice, this was the only shitty part of my engine swap, the price of the headers lol. now i will look into them BBKs. thanks!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                nice, this was the only shitty part of my engine swap, the price of the headers lol. now i will look into them BBKs. thanks!
                no prob, good thing i have bbks already lol

Comment

So those BBKs are equal length?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    So those BBKs are equal length?
                    not sure guess ill have to take a good pic of them

Comment

arnt the equal length ones, the ones that look like a cluster fuck of tubing? imagine using them on P heads?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        arnt the equal length ones, the ones that look like a cluster fuck of tubing? imagine using them on P heads?lol
                        I think you're right. Those don't look like equal lengths.

Comment

pretty sure there aren't any equal-length P-compatible headers.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

The only question I have is, how did they mod the spark plug socket to work on cylinder #7 spark plug? And I'm sold on these headers!

Comment

sorry this is so dang small but the site that this was linked too no longer is in service btw the same bbk s that i have should work will be posting close ups tomarrow!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X