Need new alternator for 01 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new alternator for 01 MGM

Can anyone tell me what size or amp rating alternator comes stock with a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis GS? I just installed 2 12 inch subs with a 1000 watt amp and its been dimming my lights horribly bad and killing my battery faster then it can charge back up again so im looking to upgrade my alternator to a newer and larger rated but i don't know what size it comes with stock and i don't know how much larger of an alternator i should in order to eliminate my problem. My battery gauge literally reaches the bottom of the red line when cranking the car so i definitely see it being time to do something and soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, any recommendations on a specific alternator or brand to go with when getting one?

should be 130 amp.......sounds like your alt is dying or you have a bad connection somewhere or a weak battery

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Brand? Ford alternators work good.

Chevy alternators also work good, but they won't be a direct bolt-on.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i have decent luck with duralast

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Forgot to mention, just replaced the battery less then a month ago.. So i dont see that being my issue.

Comment

Working...
          X