How do you change the wiper blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change the wiper blades?

I've been trying to and I found a few guides, but I can't figure out how to get the damn wiper arm to come up to have easier access to the clip, it just stays in place and if I tug too hard it might break so what do I have to do to get to get it to come up?
    Last edited by j5689; 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM.
    2002 Crown Victoria LX - 124K miles

Ah nevermind, just had to trick the wipers by taking the key out mid-wipe and all was good. 1 thing down on inspection list, 4 or 5 to go.
    2002 Crown Victoria LX - 124K miles

Comment

Yeah I hate that the arms don't fully stand up. IE-when you want to lift your blades while parked when it's snowing, etc.
      '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
      '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

turn wipers on... let them come up... turn car off when they're pointed up. much easier in that position. and yeah... they still won't stay up off the glass for clearing snow... but at least they will be easier to get to in that position.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X