Lat STAP production run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lat STAP production run

anyone care to go to this event ? i plan on going i think it in august?
    let me know if you plan on attending, located in ontario canada.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

It's probably going to be in June, and Yes, I'll be there.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I am interested for sure. I can run with the P71, course it might be my brothers car then but he wouldnt care if I took it. I will aim to go.
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Just so it's clear, it won't actually be the last day of production when we go there.

That said, good times last year and will be going there (and to the track) this year.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

It will be a CVN type meet w/them doing STAP the plant is kool place as I went there back in 2004..
          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

how many boxes attend? or is it mostly whale panthers ruling this place?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              how many boxes attend? or is it mostly whale panthers ruling this place?
              Whales everywhere, a handful of aeros, and 3 boxes representing last year. (Me, johnunit, GM Guy). This year should be a better turn out.
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

haha yeah we were our own little box club last year...

But it sounds like there are at least 5 more boxes coming next year.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Cable Guys FGMQ View Post
                  It will be a CVN type meet w/them doing STAP the plant is kool place as I went there back in 2004..
                  what is a 'CVN' type meet?

Comment

Originally posted by 4door View Post
                    what is a 'CVN' type meet?
                    party of mostly whales and areos, but this year i should be able to bring at least 2 boxes and a barge with me
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but the festivities are taking place Friday, June 17th. Ford allowed 40 spots, which filled up almost instantly. They gave us 20 more, and those filled up instantly too.

So the tour is "full", but Zach can tell you that chances are good, you can probably just walk right in and go on the tour if you choose.

Even still, the meet is fun. I enjoyed hanging out in the parking lot and going to the dragstrip (and getting drunk in the hotel that night) more than the tour itself.
                      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...oard=36&page=1
                        ^^^anyone thinking of going, there's a ton of info there, including a basic itinerary, hotel information (discounted room rate), etc.
                        '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                        formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

I was going to mention this as it got a little closer, but as you can see a_d_a_m pretty much summed it up. I of course will be there fosho, but I don't know in what car yet.

Comment

I should also mention, if you live in the US, don't have a passport, and are thinking of attending...file for your passport soon (i.e. NOW)!

You need one to cross the border.

Comment

I had a great time last year. This should be a BIG meet, and it would have been/will be fun even without the plant tour. You can still see cars lined up to be delivered and get a sense of just how huge the plant is. You can also get a picture of your car on the podium type thing beside the big sign at the entrance to the plant. I thought that was almost worth the trip itself.

There will also be drag racing afterwards and all sorts of informal little side events.

Oh and just to be clear you do not need to register or pay any money to show up to the meet itself. You just show up to the parking lot at the assembly plant closest to the highway and do whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X