Gruesome twosome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gruesome twosome

I recently got the itch to feed my VW fetish again. It never turns out good, but for the 5 minutes that they run and drive well they're just so much darn fun.

First I picked up this turd for WAAAAY too much money:

Then after pulling my hair out for a while and causing a mini explosion in the parking lot... well see, what happened was... the plunger on the fuel distributor got stuck at max flow, and the fuel pump relay was jumpered to always on... so, the engine filled with fuel. When I pulled the plugs to blow the fuel out of the motor I neglected to take the necessary precaution of unplugging the coil. Giant cloud of vaporized gasoline mixed with spark= heart attack!!! Thankfully the flames were extinguished quickly and at least it was dark out so it looked impressive! ...so I finally got it running, but it runs like crap.

Enter Cabby number 2:
    Got this one for FREE and it's 100x better than the first one. lol. The top is better, the interior is better, and all I had to do to make it run was put a battery in!

The downside is- some shoddy, half-assed body work on the hood and front pan, and the PO was sort of an IDIOT. the steering wheel's splines were worn, so naturally he fixed it by making a spacer out of CARDBOARD! Should be exciting to find all the little surprises on this thing! lol

The plan is to make a driver out of Cabby #2 with parts from cabby #1. Or just crush them both when I get pissed. Either way it should be entertaining!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

How did you get the car for free??
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

fix cabby #2 that looks waay cooler, crush the other one ,and use money to by more parts
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I dunno if I'd crush the first one lol, but that second one is cool. Love those single headlight Golfs and Jettas.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
        X