80-83 Lincoln Mark VI Trunk Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80-83 Lincoln Mark VI Trunk Badges

I'm currently trying to find the Continental and Mark VI trunk lid Lettering and Badge. These are only found on the 80-83 Lincoln Continental Mark VI. The junkyards around here have no early model box lincolns to be found anywhere.

The Continental badge on the trunk lid is individual letters running across the spare tire hump on the lid, and the Mark VI is a one-piece badge that is glued in place right next to the PS tail lamp.

These pieces need to be in near mint shape to match the rest of my trim.

Lemme know if you guys can find any of them. I am a generous person and I pay very well when people get me the parts that I need.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Might be easier to just find a whole trunk lid.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

lmao..i was just coming to post a 'ltb' thread for your trunk emblem.

theres nothing on ebay right now, but keep an eye out guys!
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
        Might be easier to just find a whole trunk lid.
        My trunk lid is in near mint shape, I wouldn't want to replace it. Someone just removed the badging and bondo'd over the holes. Easy fix to put it back to stock.

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
        lmao..i was just coming to post a 'ltb' thread for your trunk emblem.

theres nothing on ebay right now, but keep an eye out guys!

Thanks rick.

Comment

My point being, finding just the emblems may prove difficult. If you find a lid, you could steal the emblems and maybe resell it and make some money back.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

my Mark VI doesn't have any "Mark" emblems on the trunk. Just the Continental and the AOD tag.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i have one for sure but, i keep it as a spare. i will see if i can dig up another. one thing you could do, get mark VII ones and take a I off. they look almost identical. guess where i came up with that? lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                My point being, finding just the emblems may prove difficult. If you find a lid, you could steal the emblems and maybe resell it and make some money back.
                True, if I could find one within driving distance, I would be more than willing to buy the Trunk lid to get the emblems. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to pay the huge cost of shipping such a beast, just to get a couple of emblems. I'm fine with holding out until someone finds the pieces in the junkyard or on ebay.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                my Mark VI doesn't have any "Mark" emblems on the trunk. Just the Continental and the AOD tag.
                Strange. Maybe the emblem went away after '81. Mine still has the Mark VI outline of the adhesive on there, so I know that it had it from the factory.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                i have one for sure but, i keep it as a spare. i will see if i can dig up another. one thing you could do, get mark VII ones and take a I off. they look almost identical. guess where i came up with that? lol

Cool, lemme know if you find anything. Nice idea with the Mark VII emblem! I may end up doing that since they look almost identical, if I can't find a stock piece.

Comment

hey brandon I'm sure this yard we go to when we camp down in culpper va has at least 1 mk6 from what I remember. if you don't have them by then I can get them for you
                  http://www.leonsautoparts.com/

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    hey brandon I'm sure this yard we go to when we camp down in culpper va has at least 1 mk6 from what I remember. if you don't have them by then I can get them for you
                    this place is over 100 acers

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post

Yea mang, if you can find them, grab them, regardless of what condition they are in. Get the Lincoln badge on the left side of the trunk lid too, if it has it. I can have them re-chromed. Your my only hope atm, lol.

Comment

grab the seat belts too! lol

Comment

:bump:

Need badly. Will gladly overpay a ridiculous price to teh finder.

My project is starting back again soon, help meh!

Comment

I have these. If you want. I'll just charge ya a fiver for shipping via priority pad pack.
                            Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

how did you get 2 of them? anyrate, i think he will be happy to see your post

Comment

Working...
                              X