dent free wheel well trim - all years of panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dent free wheel well trim - all years of panthers

the finish of the chrome doesnt matter much to me. but they have to be solid/no corrsion.

so keep an eye out at the yards for me guys.

thanks!
    Last edited by rick99601; 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

they had a NOS piece for sale on ebay...120 dollars. don't know if you want to pay that much though
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      they had a NOS piece for sale on ebay...120 dollars. don't know if you want to pay that much though
      what year/wheel? im always on ebay and its been months since ive seen any.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...Q5fAccessories
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

its on my watch list now, depending how long it stays up i might end up buying it.

id rather just bring in a bunch of dent free boys to have rechromed though.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

true, the cost of each piece is probably around $100 any way.

I'm not sure if you already know this or not but they are not chromed, its anodized aluminum.
            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I have 87- driver side wheel trim. $30 (shipping included - USPS) and their yours. They just need a good buff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Buffing doesn't work on the anodized finish. You need to sand all of the anodized layer off and then polish the bare aluminum. Its a lot of work, but you can get the aluminum shinier than new.

Comment

You can remove an anodized finish with acetone, and then buff/ polish, as well.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

acetone really? how long will the shine last though, in your guys experience, before you have to polish it again. in an outdoor environment? and in a garage kept environment?
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      acetone really? how long will the shine last though, in your guys experience, before you have to polish it again. in an outdoor environment? and in a garage kept environment?
                      great questions

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

good question... dunno anything about them... I just know that the ones I have are OE and aged, not dented.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have used the acetone trick on rocker moldings. It was time consuming. I first read about it for removing the anodized finish on AN fittings. But I think it just works for cheap AN fittings...

I think I used some aircraft stripper as well, and it seemed to work ok.

Sanding may work well. I've never tried it.

I really dislike polished anything, as its a bish to keep nice. I'll probably end up painting (or coating) the polished valvecovers I bought.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Sanding works well...but time consuming. I have done it to dents I knocked out on my wheel well trim. There is a man on youtube that uses hair and grease remover draino type deal. I have some in my basement and much extra trim that I can try it out for myself once.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

please do! once again i'm curious as to how long it will remain "polished"
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X