Body mounts / town car 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body mounts / town car 89

lOOKING FOR BODY MOUNTS FOR LINCOLN TOWN CAR 1989.

welcome to GMN!

two words-

hockey. pucks.
    Last edited by rick99601; 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

as ridiculous as it sounds, that's probably your only choice. There is a universal kit somewhere out there, too. Either way, you need to shim it and shape it custom. They don't make new body mounts anymore.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

there is no known source for direct fit ones. Somewhere on here there is info on the polyurathane bushing kit and the adapter washers you need in order to allow them to work properly. I have new poly mounts on my car with the adapter washers and it works quite well. I'm gonna warn you ahead of time, start spraying the bolts with some sort of penetrating lube a while ahead of when you plan to actually do the job. Those bolts *suck* when they break off somewhere. I had to get access to 3 of mine, 2 broke and one nut broke loose of it's retainer clip. Not fun.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X