H-pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H-pipe

I am wondering if anyone has a factory H-pipe for a box body laying around that they would want to part with
    My car is an 88 Townie

I am located in TN zip 37803 for shipping purposes
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

I don't think many folks keep stockers around since the Mustang H pipe can get used with very little modification. Might have a hard time finding a used one, you can get a new one on rockauto.com though.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks for the info , I'm kinda cheap and the local muffler shops will do a complete exhaust for only $50 more than rock auto wants for just that pipe .

I was unaware that a mustang h-pipe could be used though, I can get those for next to nothing .

I need to do more reading instead of just relying on the search function
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, Mustang pipes will work, but you'll need pipe inbetween the h-pipe and the mufflers or the mufflers and the tail pipes, to take up the extra length of the longer wheelbase.

Nothing will hit though.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

The search function seems like it's been a little wierd since we switched to 4.1

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Might as well get some shorty headers too, to make installation of the fox H all the easier
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
              Thanks for the info , I'm kinda cheap and the local muffler shops will do a complete exhaust for only $50 more than rock auto wants for just that pipe .

I was unaware that a mustang h-pipe could be used though, I can get those for next to nothing .

I need to do more reading instead of just relying on the search function

yep, you can use the mustang H just fine. they may have oxygen sensor bungs in them though, and the stock panther has them in the exhaust manifolds. your exhaust shop would have to weld bungs in to the headers (if you got a set, they are almost free on corral.net as well) for the o2 sensors. shorty mustang headers work just fine on our cars.....long tubes, not yet
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

What are you guys talking about? The Mustang H won't properly bolt up to the stock manifolds, it'll leak, it won't seal. If you're gonna do a Fox body H pipe, you'll need at least Shorty headers, extension pipes and longer O2 sensor wires.

Comment

do be careful when buying stuff though, i got a h pipe from a local guy ,ended up being a hack job,so i endedup with BBK shorties into 2.5 down pipes custom bent tubeing,going into 29.5 inch cherry bombs. I had to cut the H out of the equasion sadly. also had to lenghthen the O2 sensor wires.
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    What are you guys talking about? The Mustang H won't properly bolt up to the stock manifolds, it'll leak, it won't seal. If you're gonna do a Fox body H pipe, you'll need at least Shorty headers, extension pipes and longer O2 sensor wires.
                    he was talking about getting exhaust work so i assumed the stuff required to mate parts together was a given. my bad. the stuff will physically fit in a panther though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the all the info guys , I just did an HO conversion on a Fox Tbird a few months ago so I did know about the stang pipe not fitting the SO manifolds , and the need to extend the O2 wires
                      what I didnt know was that the stang headers and H-pipe could actually be utilized on a Box body as well as a Fox body .
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
                        Thanks for the all the info guys , I just did an HO conversion on a Fox Tbird a few months ago so I did know about the stang pipe not fitting the SO manifolds , and the need to extend the O2 wires
                        what I didnt know was that the stang headers and H-pipe could actually be utilized on a Box body as well as a Fox body .
                        they can most defiantly be utilized for panther chassis cars, cant wait to see what you do with yours!
                        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Poke around here a bit more and read the exhaust threads. A great many of us have at some point installed a full-length 2.5" exhaust using 99% off the shelf parts. Though, if you know a good exhaust guy who's cheap, it might be economical for you to get at least some of it custom-bent in the diameter of your choosing (I like my 2.5" to 2.25" system since it's a bit quieter).
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                          X