Solved my own mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved my own mystery

For about the past month and half my car has been a total dog. Weather and time finally permitting I was able to get under the hood and find out what was going on. On close inspection discovered the front carb butterflies were only opening 1/2 at full throttle and prevented the secondaries from opening under full throttle. Apparently my throttle bracket had loosened causing it to shift forward. This caused the throttle cable to loose over and inch of travel. Adjusted the bracket and the tv cable, and rechecked the function. This thing is a monster once again!! Launched on the street in front of my house and one-wheeled over 100 ft before lifting (stock 3.08 open of course).

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Lemme guess, lokar cables and linkage.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Lemme guess, lokar cables and linkage.
      Stock throttle cable and bracket, have only one bolt holding bracket on the intake manifold right now. Will remedy this later. TV cable is a lokar, havent had any trouble with it yet.

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Did you get the geometry correcter for the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Did you get the geometry correcter for the TV?
          made my own, works great
          my trans guy said i shouldnt have any problems with alignment

Comment

Ok. How'd you make it mang? Got any pics?
            Last edited by 86VickyLX; 02-12-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X