85 Mustang Valve Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 Mustang Valve Covers

Hi guys, I'm looking for a set of Mustang Valve covers pre 1986. They are aluminum I believe with ribs on the top of the valve cover.

I'm looking for them because I have a feeling they're taller than the stock stamped steel valve covers, and I want them so I can reinstall my roller rocker arms. If anyone has a set, could they confirm that they are taller? Also if you have an extra set please let me know!

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a set of Mustang Valve covers pre 1986. They are aluminum I believe with ribs on the top of the valve cover.

I'm looking for them because I have a feeling they're taller than the stock stamped steel valve covers, and I want them so I can reinstall my roller rocker arms. If anyone has a set, could they confirm that they are taller? Also if you have an extra set please let me know!
    I can confirm that they are shorter. I have a set of those and a set from my '91 Mustang with the smooth top and they both have less clearance than stamped steel. I run factory stamped steel valve covers with Crane "Cobra" 1.7 roller rockers.

Comment

the stamped steel EFI covers are about the roomiest you're gonna find. I can tell you that the 85 covers clear the Cobra rockers with an Explorer cam though. If you really want to know how big they are, measure the set on my car, though that won't give you much for internal dimension info. No, you can't remove them to measure the inside either. And use the fender covers. No button scratches on my fenders ktnx.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I can measure mine... if overall height is helpful.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If you just need a bit more clearance you could try doubling up cork gaskets.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

These Valve Covers right???

Like gadget, I can also confirm that they clear 1.7 Cobra RR's perfectley fine, with a explorer/mountaineer cam atleast.
              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Those are the valve covers I'm talking about yes. Cobra Rockers don't really help me much, since they'll fit under the stock stamped steel rockers.

Comment

Working...
                X