Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update on 5 speed/306 swap! pics of trans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on 5 speed/306 swap! pics of trans!

ok so its been a long time since i posted here, i'm still working on my merc that i got a few years ago, money was tight, life sucked for a while but i havent given up on this, i can't find my old post about the maroon grand marquis i got but its an 86 merc, 42,XXX miles, underneath is clean, since its been sitting the body developed 3 dime size spots of rust, nothing major.

i finally got my engine down to the machine shop, getting bored to a 306, new freeze plugs, bearings, etc.. basically getting it ready to build,

i got the trans setup today, everything is from the same mustang, just about everything i need to put the 5 speed in, minus a few things like brake master cylinder and driveshaft parts but here's the pics:

already has a PRO 5.0 shifter installed, this thing is tight, feels really good

the pedal assembly has an upgraded quadrant on it

new clutch kit included with the trans

new flywheel included as well

also a new clutch cable was included, got everything for 500.00 total, not bad i'd say!

Nick

also i wanted to find out, will a stock pcm from a mustang work as plug and play in the grand marquis? since i'm swapping to a 5 speed i don't care about cruise, lol but i want the gauges to still work, as in speedo and odom. or do i need an ecm from a mk7 or thunderbird with a 5speed?

Comment

Are you converting to mass air or staying speed density?

Btw I am jelous I would love to put a standard trans in mine.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by Nick52284 View Post
        also i wanted to find out, will a stock pcm from a mustang work as plug and play in the grand marquis? since i'm swapping to a 5 speed i don't care about cruise, lol but i want the gauges to still work, as in speedo and odom. or do i need an ecm from a mk7 or thunderbird with a 5speed?
        ecm will work just fine, but the deciding factor will be if your running maf or sd on your choice of ecm
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

i want to go with MAF, which one will i need to run that?

Comment

a9l

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

very nice
              u can use a mustang maf ecm .......86 has standalone cruise control

jack williams does shitty alignments!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

thanks guys!

scott: i don't work there, they gave us a calendar because we buy a lot of tires from their warehouse.

i'll have to scout an ecm then, i called the machine shop today, he didn't even touch my block yet, my fault for saying take your time... i figured he would have done something with it in 2 weeks, its the same place we use for our head jobs and other machine work and he's usually really good and fast. oh well, just gives me time to build up some more fundage again, lol

Nick

Comment

how about this ecm?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310249780459

Comment

nope. Where that says A6L on the label it shoulds say A9L

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

just got the call yesterday, my block is done! gonna pick it up this week, the guy hooked me up in a big way, for: hot tank cleaning, boring 30 over, new freeze plugs, new cam bearings and polishing the crank and cleaning the journals.... 200.00, i think i made out very well!

pics of the block when i pick it up!

Nick

Comment

i got the block back a while ago but i have been pretty darn busy between work and starting a business for myself, here are the pics of the block, it is being sent back to the machine shop to have the bottom end and rotating assembly installed, once that is complete i'll post more pics!

Comment

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. . .
                          1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

cool. Get on with it already
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

time and $$ holding me back, my job doesn't pay very well hence me trying to start my own business with my uncle - www.BrixPc.com

Comment

Working...
                              X