do grand marquis have this wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do grand marquis have this wiring?

I found some wiring under the dash of my CVPI and I'm just wondering if it's factory or if its the remnants of the wiring from police equipment. has anyone seen these red and blue plugs under the dash of the GM?

anyone know what this wiring is for?
    Last edited by jg09; 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM.
    2002 Ford CVPI, ex-Washington State Patrol, re-bumper tucked

future plans:
    cb radio, push bar, cd player/door speakers/amp/subs

Yep that looks like cop power supply stuff... my p72 has those everywhere under the dash, the other vics don't. Those should be constant hot or key-on hot, get some fat banana plug terminals and you can plug right in for power.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

sweet!! thank you!

future plans:

Comment

Originally posted by jg09 View Post
        I found some wiring under the dash of my CVPI and I'm just wondering if it's factory or if its the remnants of the wiring from police equipment. has anyone seen these red and blue plugs under the dash of the GM?
        anyone know what this wiring is for?
        Those 2 plugs were used for sure from 1995 up to 2002 only on the P71. They were not used in 2003. IIRC, the Blue connector (Green feed wire) is switched 30A and the Red connector (Orange feed wire) is constant 50A. I will verify when I get home. A 1989-91 and maybe other years including 92-94only got a single plug like that. Anyone have a wiring diagram for 92-94?? I use trailer wiring bullets for connecting to them.
        Last edited by Mercracer; 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

hmm... the 82 Mark and 88 MGM have a yellow one on the stereo harness. Can't remember if the 93 vic had one as well or not, I don't think so.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The single dangly off the radio harness is for either the CB or cell phone option, depending on the year. Might also be for the CD player option in Towncars.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ah... that makes sense. I've seen lots of CBs and two-way radios in these cars over the years (my grandpa was the CEO of a small telephone company in south Texas that used panthers exclusively as company cars... Grand Marquis to be exact)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

so can i wire my cb's power through these? i've got one laying around that i'm going to install soon

future plans:

Comment

Originally posted by jg09 View Post
                  so can i wire my cb's power through these? i've got one laying around that i'm going to install soon
                  You can wire whatever you want through these. A CB will likely pull less than 5A so you may want to add an inline fuse if your radio does not come with one.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    ah... that makes sense. I've seen lots of CBs and two-way radios in these cars over the years (my grandpa was the CEO of a small telephone company in south Texas that used panthers exclusively as company cars... Grand Marquis to be exact)
                    must have been an awsome company to work for. id love a merc company car lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      must have been an awsome company to work for. id love a merc company car lol
                      That's the rumor. Everyone was sad to see him retire. Things changed after that though. They did build another building across the street (the fiber/telecom hub for the area) and named it after him. The company is still there (with a different name) and doing well it looks like. I don't know if it's as nice a company to work for any more though. I do miss the Christmas parade and the float that my grandpa would pull with his merc. rear load assist adjustable pressurized shocks FTW. To see a car pulling a 25-30 foot float was definitely a sight to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X