Out on the test track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out on the test track

Was spring like here today! My new control arms and watts link are in production!!! I made some 0-60 runs with the flex-o-matic stock rear arms so I can compare when I finally get the Sparta Performance stuff installed. Out on the test track.

sigpic
    2009 GM, 45,000 miles
    ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Sounds good! You need a j-mod!!!! J-mod will rock your world!!
    (I fixed the video for you)

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

We have a... warranty. Have to wait on that for a bit. HyperTech tuner has the shift points as firm as 'puter will allow, all shifts +300 rpm along with redline.
      sigpic
      2009 GM, 45,000 miles
      ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd even drill a mild separator plate out and send it to you just to show how awesome it is. But warranty's have rules. And rules suck sometimes.
        Sounds good though!

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Actually, my E150 van has a modified valve body, done by the famous Gregg Evans. The shifts in the van are like clicking a switch, they are so fast. If the rear suspension gets me under 7 secs, because of the better launch, I will be satisfied. Oh wait... 3:73 gears will happen this year.
          sigpic
          2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Is that a performance meter on the windshield?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That is the K.A.T. Matrix 3-Axis Car Performance Accelerometer. I got that when we purchased the car so I could see how the mods were affecting performance. Base time last year when we got the car was 9.1 sec 0-60.
              sigpic
              2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Very nice improvements so far.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice improvements. I like the video showing what works and what doesn't.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

TY johnunit. Depending on which road test from 2003 you read, I have beat the times for a Marauder which average 7.5 secs.
                    sigpic
                    2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

I challenge you to a duel!!!!!

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

No disrespect to the Marauder... but we talking stock MM times only.
                        sigpic
                        2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

I know. I'm in a great mood. But let me throw a PI motor in the Tank and then it's on!!

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Great Video i just ordered up my suspension parts after seeing that video !!!

Cant wait to get er done thanks for the inspiration
                            2010 GM 12,000 Miles
                            AFE cold air intake, ADTR polished upper intake, MAGNAFLOW dual cat back exhaust, STEEDA underdrive pullies, 180* thermostat, ADDCO sway bars, METCO control arms and Watts Link, to be continued

Comment

Way cool GMarq10. My car is way fun, every chance I get to drive it.
                              sigpic
                              2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Working...
                              X