Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dashboard noise drivers side ( ETACS maybe?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dashboard noise drivers side ( ETACS maybe?)

Hi I've got a weird sort of 'servo motor' noise coming from somewhere behind the light switch area of the dash. It sounds a little like a vent flap motor except that it goes off at random , nothing seems to happen other than the noise but it obviously shouldnt be happening and its driving me nuts . I do get a 24/25 code on my ETACS but didnt think that the blend door problem was in this area. Any ideas guys ?

is this on the car in your avatar? and just what year/model is it?

if it's got the auto brake release, check the vacuum line going to it and make sure it's fully connected. You may also have a vacuum leak under the hood that's allowing said brake release to actuate (bleed out under low/no vacuum and then retract with good vacuum).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

hi , its a 1996 Grand marquis and it does have the auto brake release, i'll check it out , thanks, I love the car 'coz its just so different over here in the UK ! plus its got such a nice smooth running engine compared to my subaru legacy

Comment

Working...
      X