Dragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging

Hello my friends. There is a 94 merc. Grand marquis that hesitates alot.i checked the trans fuild and it's fine. Maybe a misfire?? The check engine light turns on and off from time to time

Could be a misfire. I also bet the EGR passages are clogged.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I had the same problem a few weeks ago on another 94 GM, hesitated like crazy!

It turned out to be the air charge sensor was bad, the little one in the air box by the MAF.

I put a new one in and the thing runs like a new car now.

I'm not saying that is your problem but it's worth a look.

Do you have another one you can swap yours with, it's less than a five minute fix if thats it!

Maybe get a cheap one at the pull-a-part and try that?

The new one cost $15-$17 at Advance.
      Last edited by mcninetyone; 03-05-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

definitely pull the codes and see if there's anything that rings a bell (value out of range for sensors, anything EGR related, etc).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

He noted to new today that the car didn't want to start this morning but at night when he tried again it started up fine. He said that the car doesn't always drags but it has been doing so lately. He changed the MAF and he claims that it sort of helped but I dont think that was the problem. Also how can I pull the codes the car is a 94 what do I need?? Thanks alot guys

Comment

When was the last tuneup? How old is the fuel filter? Are the vacuum lines at the PCV valve cracked ? There is a rubber elbow over there that gives problems.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X