'79 Bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 Bumpers!

NOS, cover only, holes for center bumper block only! (very nifty IMO) Indy area, $115.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-7...Q5fAccessories

Used, presentable, complete. $60, some unreachable location called Colorado.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-80...Q5fAccessories

No clue why, but they have another identical auction showing the same pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-80...Q5fAccessories

I also saw a good '80 bumper cover, but it had perforations for the stripe thingy, so good if you want to go that way. Somewhere in Rhode Island. Huge pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...item3a54b2c5d9
    Last edited by 1987cp; 03-14-2011, 04:56 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Sweet. I like the first one the bestest.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Me too. Too bad I lack both the $115 and the time, $$$, or inclination to drive to Indy. But, maybe shipping is cheap .....

Comment

I would buy it, though I would then also have to find the center mount license plate bracketry and the inserts..my luck the bumper would arrive all banged up ayways.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh, right, you're from a state where you run a front plate.

I should still have my '79 mount and insert squirreled away somewhere. Actually digging it up, that might be another story .......

Comment

front plates suck.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I wish I could find some smooth NOS bumpers.
              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
              sigpic

Comment

Then the first one I posted is perfect for you except for being a '79 instead of an '80.

Comment

agh. It's tempting but shipping would have to be over 100 bucks to Toronto.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

And it's bad enough to southen Michigan, less than 300 miles away.

Comment

the Colorado one wouldnt be too bad if i was able to pick up in person... though it would probably be a 8 hour drive one way
                      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                        agh. It's tempting but shipping would have to be over 100 bucks to Toronto.
                        not if you could get a broker and ship it in bond. then just pick it up. the closest customs wearhouse is in brampton. this it the same place i picked up GMGT when it crossed the border.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          I would buy it, though I would then also have to find the center mount license plate bracketry and the inserts..my luck the bumper would arrive all banged up ayways.
                          i have 3 sets of inserts and a mint plate bracket put away somewhere for a '79 Marquis. A Marquis bumper has smaller slots then a crown vic one though, might not look right. also the rebar is 79 only. I wish mine had no holes for the bumper blocks.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                          351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                          duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

I think I discovered the center and side mount plate brackets are the same... I may have just made that up though. Also I have some vic grille inserts if you decide to buy it!
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_LSS View Post
                              i have 3 sets of inserts and a mint plate bracket put away somewhere for a '79 Marquis. A Marquis bumper has smaller slots then a crown vic one though, might not look right. also the rebar is 79 only. I wish mine had no holes for the bumper blocks.
                              The bit in bold - what's that mean?
                              Last edited by 1987cp; 03-25-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X