I made this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made this

I made this for the front of my Town Car totally out of things I had lying around my garage ,,,total investment $0
    Just thought I would share
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Sweet. Looks nice Daryl.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Neat, I like it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Nice work
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

very cool !!!!
          sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
          87 mercury grand marquis
          88 crown vic lx
          89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
          89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
          00 ford crown vic lx hpp
          03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

what's the plate made out of? The rest is rather obvious. Was it an old decorative plate that you painted?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Slymer , it actually was a Tennessee state plate from a car I sold a year or two ago .
              (We don't turn plates in here nor do they stay with the car )
              I took a burnz-o matic torch and heated up the paint, scraped it off and then sanded all the residue primed and painted . I probably could have just painted it but I was concerned with adhesion so I stripped it .
              sigpic

Comment

Seems like I've seen those emblems before recently. Did you get those from a mid 90's Navigator?

I've thought about doing the same as you did, only using these sail panel emblems from teh '97 Towncar. I really like the look of them.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                  Seems like I've seen those emblems before recently. Did you get those from a mid 90's Navigator? sail panel emblems from teh '97 Towncar. I really like the look of them.
                  Actually the emblem was a broken trunk lock cover from an 80's Box Townie and the script came from an early 90s Townie
                  sigpic

Comment

Nifty! I never run a front plate bracket, but decorative front plates are still cool.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
                      Slymer , it actually was a Tennessee state plate from a car I sold a year or two ago .
                      (We don't turn plates in here nor do they stay with the car )
                      I took a burnz-o matic torch and heated up the paint, scraped it off and then sanded all the residue primed and painted . I probably could have just painted it but I was concerned with adhesion so I stripped it .
                      ah. excellent work there. I probably would have just sanded it myself... but your way insures there's no questions later about the legalities of the plate should the paint ever peel.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Your plate numbers/letters aren't embossed like New York's??
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Your plate numbers/letters aren't embossed like New York's??
                          Not anymore , they switched to just painted plates in 2006/2007.
                          Its like a rubberized reflective paint , it comes of rather easily though.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah... the new 7 letter plates are flat here too. once they left the 3+3 arrangement (2007-ish IIRC), they went to painted on. Vanity plates and specialty plates have been flat much longer though.

Comment

They still emboss the 7 letter plates here in NC, been like that as long as I can remember. Recently in 2008 they started painting the embossed letters Metallic Red, instead of the old Dark Blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X