Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again TV cable

Hi,

today I have finally finished succesfully (I hope) AOD rebuilt (after one year :smirk: ). I have all gears now, finally, but I still have troubles with high pressure. I have one idea where problem could be and I would like to know your opinion.

When I screw the blue highlighted bolt where it should be, the TV pressure reads about 25psi at idle. When I do unscrew it, the whole thing moves a little backward and the TV pressure reads about 0 psi at idle (both with the adjustment block set neutral position - no tension).

Now when I think about it I remeber that the green highlighted part WAS NOT inserted into the red notch (the whole cable is rotated cca 90 degrees to right) and I believe that could be the problem. Does any one have picture how it should look like? Is there some grommet on the green highlighted part which moves the whole think a little bit backward (in the direction of 0 psi)?

Thanks very much and please excuse my english, I am really tired and have no energy to think about grammar

sigpic

low tv pressure will kill an AOD quick
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
      low tv pressure will kill an AOD quick
      I am aware of that. That is why I am setting it with a gauge and do not drive the car now. However no setting with the block will help me now, because I believe problem is on the other end of the cable (no matter what I do with the block, the TV pressure is always over 25psi at idle with the bolt screwed, however with the cable unconnected on the transmission the pressure is 0 psi - so the problem is according to my opinion not in transmission itself). At idle it shall be between 0 - 5 psi and raise with the pedal pressed - that is exactly what it does with the bolt unscrewed.
      sigpic

Comment

the cable isent twisted or anything? have you checked for smooth cable opperation? from your discription, sounds like something is hung up. what happens when the cable is properly hooked at the trans but unhooked at the engine throttle body?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
          the cable isent twisted or anything? have you checked for smooth cable opperation? from your discription, sounds like something is hung up. what happens when the cable is properly hooked at the trans but unhooked at the engine throttle body?
          Unfortunately I have not tried that because the cable was not hooked properly at the trans (green part not in red one - I found that now when I was looking into shop manual). But when bolt was screwed (and green part not in red) and cable unhooked at the TB, still 25psi. The pressure rises as it should - more throttle, higher pressure (of course only when the cable was hooked at TB).

I have to try it, but it is night here now, so I could not work on the car, but I could not sleep without knowing where the problem is
          sigpic

Comment

another thing to check, make sure the bracket(highlighted in red) is fixed to the trans properly. it should have a locating tab on it.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              another thing to check, make sure the bracket(highlighted in red) is fixed to the trans properly. it should have a locating tab on it.

locating tab? Plese could you write more info about that? I will check it.. hope tomorrow, because after that I will again travel far far away from the car
              sigpic

Comment

the bracket should be(if my memory serves me right)is fastened to the trans by a single bolt. to keep the bracket from moving, it has a little tab that fits into a orface on the trans case. im sure you would notice anything wrong if you were to check it out.

Comment

If I remember right, there is an area on the cable that slides into the top of the U shaped cutout on the bracket. It should stay in place with the bolt out. I could be wrong on that, but look at your cable and see if there isn't a spot where it looks like it fits together.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thank you all for answers. I checked whether the bracket is located as it should be (it is) and then put the cable into the U-shaped cutout. Unfortunately after this, the TV pressure was 35 psi at idle... (but the reaction on the throttle pedal was excelent).

Is it possible that the last part of the TV Cable (between the U-shaped cutout and the Throttle lever) is too short? Maybe someone did something with it before me, however the bracket does not look as bent. Quite simple solution would be to put some grommet between the cable and the bracket (= the TV pressure will begin at 0-5 psi and everything will be ok as I just need to move the cable a little bit in the direction of the Throttle lever) but I would like to know where the problem is (I assume it is not in the transmission - with the TV cable disconnected TV pressure is 0psi)... Any ideas? Or would it be OK to use somme grommet there?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X