5.4L Aluminum Intake???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.4L Aluminum Intake???

I know this is a 4.6L forum and that I will probably end up in another site, but does anybody make a performance aluminum intake for the mod engines (4.6L/5.4L)? A buddy with an '06 F-150 has a cracked plastic intake on his 5.4L.

Packman

Eldebrock does, for one: http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/...oductId=957090

Your friend likes carburetors, right?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yes.
      http://www.hiperformancesolutions.com/54.html

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Packman

Comment

He has a 3v, neither of those intakes above will work.
          2002 GT, Saleen Series IV waiting to be installed

Comment

What's that mean? Why would there be intake incompatibilities within the Modular family depending on the number of valves?

Comment

triton heads are different.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Different, how?

Comment

Triton is just the name of the engine in the trucks/suvs. Like Intech is what they call them in Lincolns. The heads are the same between 4.6/5.4 engines, besides the 4v 5.4s.

Anyways, just cause both engines are from the modular family does not mean that all parts are interchangeable between 2, 3, or 4v. Number one difference is the intake ports.
                  Last edited by itsstock02; 03-30-2011, 12:49 AM.
                  2002 GT, Saleen Series IV waiting to be installed

Comment

Weird! So the differently-numbered-valves intake ports are completely different and even located differently, as if someone tried installing a Boss 302 intake on a regular SBF? (yes, my point of reference is Ford having made the same ding-blasted 90 degree smallblock for 40 years with minimal changes, the 255 and Boss 302 being the only major departures in intake design that I'm aware of)

Comment

triton heads use a single intake and dual exhaust valve setup. this probably changes the intake position/size a bit from the 2V that the panthers are used to. That's what I was thinking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        triton heads use a single intake and dual exhaust valve setup.
                        Actually, you have that backwards.
                        The 3V engines use two intake valves, and one exhaust valve.

2V intake port:

3V intake port:

Comment

Wow, those valvesprings look hard to get to!

Comment

yup... damn brain farts.

Comment

Working...
                            X