Clear All

repo Townie cheap starting bid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linco...fCarsQ5fTrucks
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Who repos an '85 towncar?
    lol

Comment

The bank that isn't receiving payment on the loan.

My Dad repossessed cars for years. Up until about a year ago, there was a company right next to his shop that repo'd cars. They were doing 400 cars a month, at one time. They had 10 trucks, but they were sneaky, and good. These guys could pick locks, sneak cars, and they had an unusual knack for 'finding' cars.

I remember one of these guys that was so happy when he brought in a car one morning. He said he was driving by Dunkin' Donuts when he saw a car that matched the description of one he had been looking for for a few weeks. The reg matched, and somehow he managed to snatch it with the wheel lift and get away before the owner noticed. They used to snag stuff, and strap it up down the street all the time... they really should have been checking VINs, but if the reg was right, and time was tight, they used to take the chance.

And they used to bring in some junks that would have you wondering... who the hell would have a loan on that? Three more payments and it'll be all mine!!!

But seriously, those guys used to beat the hell out of cars they repossessed. Spinning shit around, winding them up, etc. I remember a certain blue GTO getting royally thrashed.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

My point, who takes out a loan for a stock '85 TownCar? And don't say someone on here.

Comment

Someone with my budget ???
          sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
            Someone with my budget ???

Comment

lol... I went into one of those "buy here pay here" used lots one time, becuase they had a black 77-79 style Thunderbird in the back corner...
              It was pretty rough, paint faded to hell, primer showing through, vinyl top peeling, interior pretty ratty. They said they wanted $3,000 for it, and would "make me a good payment plan"
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I had a neighbor that owned a buy here pay here. He said that the downpayment covered his cost.

Pete
                Originally posted by gadget73
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                X