Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was issue with throttle body spacer & egr with HO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was issue with throttle body spacer & egr with HO?

Hi!

I could have sworn that I've come across in my readings of past threads and archives here, that when I go to bolt on the HO intake, backwards, I'm supposed to run into some issue with the egr...?
    I was looking at it today, I do of course need to transfer the tv cable spring arm from my box, since that's reversed. But it looks like I can still put the egr in the same place... so I'm missing something?
    What is that hole that I'm supposed to need to drill and tap?

Or was this only for an exploder intake, and that's where I'm confused, nothing I need to do to the HO?

you wont have a place to bolt the accelerator/tv cable bracket. you can have a stock egr spacer bored out or drill and tap studs for the bracket.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Sticky's right above this post.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...d-stock-spacer

Comment

It's for both of the intakes. Though you can't bore a vic spacer large enough for Explorer intake. You'd need to bore out an HO spacer and fab up a bracket to allow the stock vic bracket to be attached. It's been done before. Or shell out the money for a 351 Lightning EGR spacer.

Comment

Can a stock Lightning EGR spacer be bought new?
          1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

no

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Crownvicman289 View Post
              Can a stock Lightning EGR spacer be bought new?
              You wish. Gotta look around for it. Some people on this site have them, but they won't let them go for cheap, due to their rarity!

Comment

aftermarket lightning spacers can be bought with throttle bodies. Typically around $250 or so.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Do they have provisions for both Mustang and Panther throttle brackets?

Comment

they're made for lightnings as exact match bolt on... so if it fits the lightning... I would think it would fit a panther since it's all pointed driver side. never seen any mustang info on them though. Look it over. I'm not that familiar with mustang stuffs. Looks like it would fit panthers perfectly though.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ottle-Body-Kit

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That's a yes then.

Comment

If that is the item in the picture then it is incorrect.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's true, since the coolers for the EGR spacer are on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                            aftermarket lightning spacers can be bought with throttle bodies. Typically around $250 or so.
                            I just threw up in my mouth. I'm currently rocking a lopo spacer bored to 67mm on my Exploder intake. If it's not leaking nowthen it's just waiting to happen.
                            1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Well there are some that have more meat in the center. So some can be bored out, but most can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X