compatible transmission mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compatible transmission mounts?

Just did my motor mounts, and seems to me it's leading back at more of an angle (unless it's possible to put the transmission support crossmember on the wrong way around?

Maybe I should do the trans mount too.
    It'd be easiest to do it soon/ buy it local, but at least looking up "1990 colony park" no one stocks it.
    Anyone know if the tranny mount for some other models is the same thing and will work, broaden the search a little?

thanks!

Originally posted by BerniniCaCO3 View Post
    Just did my motor mounts, and seems to me it's leading back at more of an angle (unless it's possible to put the transmission support crossmember on the wrong way around?

Maybe I should do the trans mount too.
    It'd be easiest to do it soon/ buy it local, but at least looking up "1990 colony park" no one stocks it.
    Anyone know if the tranny mount for some other models is the same thing and will work, broaden the search a little?

thanks!
    Mount is the same up to '91. Just do 1987 Grand Marquis. That ought to do it. Aeros have weird mounts for the AOD.

Comment

80-91 ought to fit.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got a ProThane mount for '73ish Mustang. Bolted right in with the stock two-bolt configuration, though another guy said he stacked a few washers under his. I can dig up the part number if you want.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Anchor part # 2464 from Rockauto. $5.28
          http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=315087
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Duralast 2464 is $12. Is RockAuto still cheaper after they charge shipping?

My nice Prothane mount was something like $25. Granted, it replaced a soggy and floppy original mount, but it seems to keep the driveline in place a LOT better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Duralast 2464 is $12. Is RockAuto still cheaper after they charge shipping?

My nice Prothane mount was something like $25. Granted, it replaced a soggy and floppy original mount, but it seems to keep the driveline in place a LOT better.
              It's probably a wash. Where'd you get the prothane mount?
              Originally posted by gadget73
              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Summit. Can always check other sources, too.

Comment

Working...
                X