considering a new low budget combo for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

considering a new low budget combo for my car

Well I ran across something on the corral the other night and its just so cheap its hard to pass up. A guy over there is selling kits to run the eaton m112 supercharger from the 03-04 cobra on a 5.0 $1200 for the kit and thats including the supercharger. linky

http://forums.corral.net/forums/powe...kit-5-0-a.html

Add a megasquirt and some injectors and you got about $2000 in it. I already have a 255lph fuel pump. I would also need to source an explorer lower intake. I will have to get creative on the throttle cable I guess.

The only downfall is it will stick way out of the hood and kill the sleeper vibe lol.

hmmmm, what do you all think?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Sounds like a good idea. But if you want to keep the sleeper effect, eh, not gonna work. An explorer intake should be pretty easy to find. I might even be able to get you one, if you decide to go down this route. It sounds interesting! Either way I'd like to see how your car comes out.

Comment

What cylinder heads you got on your HO? GT40s or E7s? You may want to consider getting some better heads too. Ya know now that I'm thinking of it, I think Anderson Motorsports or somebody like that makes 1-3/4" shorty Stang headers. Might also be worth looking into when getting an s/c. Just my .

86VickyLX: Love the sig. LMAO

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Sounds like a good idea. But if you want to keep the sleeper effect, eh, not gonna work. An explorer intake should be pretty easy to find. I might even be able to get you one, if you decide to go down this route. It sounds interesting! Either way I'd like to see how your car comes out.

this. Even though I've got big honkin' tailpipes sticking out the back of my car, I tend to prefer the sleeper look.

I'd like to see what your car ends up like. I would go the twin turbo route probably before a supercharger.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

sleeper FTW. go twin turbo :3gears:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I saw this posted a while back, and thought it looked kinda shady personally. I'm actually pretty curious how easily it would adapt into a panther. I'd actually be somewhat interested if it works somewhat decently.

As for the sleeper affect, who the hell cares when you have a blower sticking out your hood.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You can but those blowers on ebay for 2-450 bucks....and probably make a better looking setup. I really dont like that support bearing on the snout. Just doesn't seem that great. I bought an m90 with IC, intake, TB, injectors, etc from a thunderbird supercoupe for 70 bucks..Depending on the rest of the combo, an M90 would be more than enough.

And the "kit" he sells doesnt look like it comes with all of the parts needed...You could probably make everything yourself a bit cheaper.

The M90 setup I have planned fits under the hood just fine
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Crank Pulley? your 255lph may not be enough. Probably need a Kenne-Bell Boost-A-Pump. 20A. Lower Crank Pulley. Belts. Tensioner. Injectors. Bigger MAF. Tune. Gaskets. intercooler? heat exchanger. plumbing. I/C pump. Battery relocate.

That's all I can think of for now.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Idk. I am going megasquirt anyway so it will be speed density. I could probably do turbos cheaper. Idk just tossing idea around. I get bored lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Just letting you know. I have most of these parts sitting on a shelves.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Hrmmm

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

Forget forced induction; $1200ish will get you a set of brandy new Trick Flow 170s. Absolutely no point IMO to spending lots of money on poweradders whilst still running stock garbage for heads.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Very good point. I would also really hate to go forced on a 302 cause i know damn well it won't be long before I want more and start pushing the limits of the block. Maybe I should just wait till the 351 gets in there with a good set of heads. Double hmmmmm lol

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

If you're planning a 351, could always save the extra $300 for a set of 190s. I was thinking about this too - if I got some 190s with 1/2" holes and installed them with the spacer collars, I could swap them from a 302 to my old 351 without really having to do anything. Not having to buy heads twice would mean more cash available for other things I'll need like good rockers, linkbar lifters, and something better for induction than the 1406 carb and 2181 manifold.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Cool idea but not worth it without the supporting mods.

But if you had an aluminum block (5.0/5.8), forged internals and some AFRS it would be a pretty bad setup. Even if you cant go over 15psi on the m112 without over spinning I think it would be plenty.
                              Town Coupe [X]
                              Mark VI [ ]
                              Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                              Crown Victoria Coupe
                              [ ]

Comment

Working...
                              X