4.6swap?anybod else done it in box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.6swap?anybod else done it in box

hey everybody so i just found the site and its awsome! i have got a 85 lincoln town car that im doin body off and totaly redoin and updating and about a month ago while doin my workin on my new frame for the car i thought that a 4.6 would b cool in an box and diffrent so i went and got a 95 crown vic 2 days later for parts haha and went to town at the moment i have the 4.6 in the car and getting things mocked up im just woundering if anybody has done it b4?

so far it has been speculated on,but hasnt been done. you are probably going to need a 91 an up drive shaft though for the trans
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

yea im converting all drive train now i got disks in the rear too! doin everything underhood to look like factory

Comment

oh and welcome to GMN we go coo coo for pics and vids!
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Thanks, i will have sum pics up by tomarow and sum of the car i have a fully reinforced from for the car im almost done with its plated on all 4 sides with 1/4' thick steel fully molded and smothed and gunna b painted with a pearl and gold leafing done and the whole bottem of the car is being sandblasted and painted with a candyrootbeer brown, with sum patterns and gold leafing!

Comment

i did the opposite, i put a 302 ho into a 4.6 car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

thats cool i woundered about that when i got the 4.6 out of the donar i bet it worked out pretty good

Comment

yes it runs well and it beat having to find a 91-92 4.6 engine

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yea the only thing im running into an issue with is radiator and ac condensor id like to use the newer ones so i have the right ac line fittings and the radiator for that tank system and tranny lines on the right side when set in my car there bout 2' to high

Comment

the late model radiator is too high in the box, or just the trans lines don't line up properly? Do you have the trans lines on the correct side of the motor mount bracket? i've done that before.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What are you planning for a transmission/ fuel delivery system?

Comment

the 95 rad fit fine but 95 condensor was too tall to fit in the rad suport but my 85 condenser has the older style threaded fitting but i looked at my 88 towncar and it has the same quick disconect style fittings as the 95 a/c system so thats solved and i will able to use the crown vic 4.6 a/c system, for the tranny im just using the factory trans but i would like to do sumthin to beefin it up abit since i have added alot of extra weight to the car, for fuel im using the crown vic tank sending unit and all lines

Comment

AOD isn't going to bolt up to a 95 4.6
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

im using the 95 tranny using the full drive line

Comment

heres the car the drivetrain came outta, 95 crown vic

whats the easiest way to pull the axle, trans mount/crossmember, and motormounts?

motor mocked up on the frame with crown vic brake booster and heaterbox

front clip on with crown vic inner fenderwells

Comment

Working...
                              X